• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I had the art of the tactical carbine but can't for the life of me find it. They're definitely good for entertainment value and some of the things they go over are good knowledge, that's a biased comment being that's the only one I've actually watched though. If you found a cheap price on amazon or something could be worth it. If I remember correctly you can check out snippets of the videos (possibly YouTube).

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've got Art of the Dynamic Shotgun, it came free with my 870. It's a fun set to watch. There's some good stuff on reloading and changing ammo types in it.

Worth watching I think. The outtakes are great.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have Art of Dynamic Shotgun, Handgun, and Tactical Carbine. A friend loaded them for me and I have watched each of them a few times. They have some good info but most of it can be found on the web in forums or other YouTube vids.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    They are relatively decent training videos and do have a high degree of production quality, which is a nice change in comparison to many of the other past training videos that have been put out by other companies over the past couple of decades. That being said, the videos are not perfect, there are some things lacking, some things are of questionable value, and people easily get caught up in the gear queer'edness about it. Don't be that guy. ;)

If there are any particular subjects (pistol, rifle, etc.) you're looking for videos on, let me know and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction of some good options. I have seen my fair share of good and bad training videos.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ive got thwir art of the precision rifle and it's pretty good. I think it couldve been cut down to 2 dvds instead of 5 but it was a good time killer when it was slow at work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I honestly was disappointed in them. I learned a couple of tricks that I would probably never use, but for the most part it's info that you should know anyway and 60% of the videos seem to be nothing more than footage of the instructors helping out the students. I'm glad I didn't waste any money on them.

tarheel7734

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Living in NC, but from Texas
    I am doing it mostly as entertainment purposes and refresher hopefully. With my back issues it is hard for me to get out and shoot and move. Once i get my ar built i can work transition drills, but wont be doing 3 to 5 second rushes and rolling around.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am doing it mostly as entertainment purposes and refresher hopefully. With my back issues it is hard for me to get out and shoot and move. Once i get my ar built i can work transition drills, but wont be doing 3 to 5 second rushes and rolling around.

No roll Hondo? ;)

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Better yet, we are hosting Chris Costa of Costa Ludus in October for the one and only Handgun/Shotgun Elements Theory class of the year. There are still just a few seats left for the shotgun class and plenty remain for the Vehicle Elements Theory. I took the shotgun with Chris back when he was with Magpul Dynamics. One of the best shotgun classes I have ever taken. Lots of fun and learned a lot of stuff that are simply not going to get by simply watching a DVD. Just my 2 cents. More info on the class at Combative Weapon Solutions 2014 Training Schedule | Weapons Training for Life Preservation

CWS Spartan Helmet Logo.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have the Art of the Dynamic Handgun. I enjoyed it, and there were some interesting points. Like was pointed out earlier, the production quality is pretty good. Definitely not designed to replace real training and not something that will leave you a changed person.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I have Tactical Carbine I & 2, Dynamic Handgun, and Precision Rifle. High entertainment value and learned a few things also.

Top Bottom