Target Sports

Anyone have any problems at The Bullethole?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apmechanicdude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    San Antonio
    Recently I've been finding it difficult to go there. Aside from the safety issues I've heard of before (which I've only experienced that once and I pointed the problem out very quickly) I never encountered any issues with the place. But lately they've been rubbing me the wrong way.

First of all, they've raised their prices on entry fees and personal bays maybe twice in the past year or so. Wasn't a big deal at first cuz at least they don't make you buy their ammo, but then other stuff made it worse. The next thing that upset me was the fact that they recently BANNED shotguns. The only section you could shoot one was a personal bay to begin with, what's the use in using a bay now? They banned them because one irresponsible person ruinned it for everyone else and accidentally shot a hole in their newly built wall that separates the personal bays. I understand that was a BONEHEAD move and totally unsafe, but I don't think that justifies punishing everyone else. I think they're mostly upset at the fact that they never caught the guy and their cameras didn't see anything.

The day I found that out, I purchased the personal bay anyway and told them I was gonna drive around to the bay to drop my gear off because they have a side road where you can do that safely and conveniently. "Oh that's not allowed anymore because people park and leave their cars there sometimes even though we tell them not to." So I didn't complain or make an issue out of it, just gathered everything and began my journey to the bay located in Middle Earth.

This last time I went was Father's Day and I got a 12 gauge Stoeger Coach Gun as my gift. I found out they allow shotguns now but ONLY at the 50 yard rifle range and you have to shoot slugs. A bit pricey, but I wanted to test my baby out. So my brothers and I went, shot my pistols for a while and by the time we knew it it was 1 hour before closing. We went in to exchange our tags to go to the rifle range and the office was packed with only 1 little old lady behind the counter. Every single person there was waiting for her to print out and laminate their membership id's and she took nearly 20 minutes to clear most everyone out. When we finally asked for our tags she said, "Oh, it's too late for that. By the time you guys walk up there the range officer will be almost ready to run you guys off. You'll get there and by the time you get your gear out and start shooting it'll be time to come in. You won't be able to enjoy yourselves." I tried to reason with her and I even told her I just wanted to blow a few slugs off to try out my new Father's Day gift and she just repeated the same jiberish. It pissed me off but what could I do.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with any of these frustrations with this "institution".
    Hurley's Gold

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    The office could use some better training in expediting traffic, which they have been working on. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues. But, I get a private bay everytime we go.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I quit going there a long time ago, I got fed up with the people running the place. There's a long thread about it somewhere on this forum, do a search.

Cheers! M2

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Not impressed for the mileage required to get there. Last time I got a private bay, we walked down there to find someone else already shooting in it. The guy said someone else was in his private bay. The other guy then explained that he was in the wrong bay because the the range told him to go to that one because of mud. Then they told someone to ask if we would share our bay. Hell No! I didn't want to share with him because he muzzle swept us when we walked up and continuously was waiving his handgun around.

Ultimately, Bullet Hole rented more spaces than they had available and I don't think its the safest range.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom