• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I ran across one of these on GunBroker today. I have never had an XDS, much less one with a red optical sight. If you have one now, or had one before; what is your opinion of the XDS or XDS with CT red dot?
    I was at my FFL's house yesterday. While I was there he showed me a Sig P229 Legion he had gotten for a customer. It also had an optics sight. It sold for over $1,500 so I was impressed, but not interested in one.
    This XDS sells for around $500 to $550, so it is more interesting.
    Texas SOT

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I had a Hellcat a few months ago. I didn't like it, so it now belongs to one of the guys I work with.
    Is the XDS going to be comparable to the Hellcat in size and weight?

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    As much as i dislike striker-type guns and plastic guns, I considered getting an XDS but I've yet to. I like that it has the grip safety. If I did get one I'd think serious about getting rid of the trigger safety.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    As much as i dislike striker-type guns and plastic guns, I considered getting an XDS but I've yet to. I like that it has the grip safety. If I did get one I'd think serious about getting rid of the trigger safety.

You'll like the grip safety untill it breaks, locking up the gun, meaning you have to ship a loaded gun back to SAI

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I purchased an XDS 45 when they first came out. The 9mm version came out a couple years later. Small carry guns were becoming a big deal and the XDS was hard to come by. I wanted to like it but the damn thing chewed my hands up and would draw blood after a magazine or two. I eventually sold it. I later purchased a S&W Shield 45 (back when they were practically giving them away for less than $250) and while it was much more comfortable to shoot it did not replace the 9mm version in my carry rotation and eventually was sold off as well.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    The XDS is a decent gun. It's as good as the rest of the XD line. But the XDE is one that I'm interested about....DA/SA version.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm also a fan of da/sa triggers on carry guns
    so I picked up an xde a few years ago when they first came out. It has probably got 500ish rnds through it without a single failure so far. Solid little gun and shoots like all xd pistols so thats good. Going off memory I think trigger was 8lbs da and 4.5 sa.

I shot the original 45 version of the xds and thought the grip was a little short, but shootable. I just don't care for striker fire for concealed carry so I never picked one up. I also remember people having fte and ftf issues, but turned out it was a limp wrist shooter issue.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My xds came out of the box with feeding issues and problems going into battery. What happened on my gun was the geometry on the outside of the extractor was causing problems. Once fixed it hasn’t missed a beat. Had it for 6 years and it’s been all over. I’m not nice to it. Hasn’t given me any problems. Smooth as butter.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The 1st pistol i bought for ccw was an xds .45acp when they 1st came out. Very comfortable to wear. I shot it very well. I don't have any polymer pistols anymore but I kinda wish I kept it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I had a Hellcat a few months ago. I didn't like it, so it now belongs to one of the guys I work with.
    Is the XDS going to be comparable to the Hellcat in size and weight?

the XDS is more of a compact than a micro comp.

Springfield imports the XD from Croatia. If the XDS is made by the same factory, it should bd just as reliable.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I have never owned a xds but I have shot 2 45 acp xds's, a 3" and 3.3". They both shot very well with no malfunctions at all.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I have a XDS45 3.3 inch. Upgraded with a set of TFO sights and a cerakote od green slide. It has been in my primary carry rotation since new when they first came out. Great shooter and accurate. If I ever sold it I would use the money to buy another one.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I too carry the XDs in 45. I’ve put several hundred round of different types of ammo through it with no issues. My barber also carries one and he says it’s his favorite for EDC.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We have 2 xds in 9mm, one in .45, 2 xds mod 2 in 9mm, and my favorite is my xde in 9mm. They all have over 300 rounds through them, mostly Winchester white box, with absolutely no malfunctions ever.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom