APOD Firearms

Anyone have time to adjust my Remmy 700 trigger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    hey all i have a pretty new 700 5R that has only seen one range trip. Althought it shoots like a champ the trigger feels like it set at 30lbs. Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this fixed. I would like a nice 2 1/2 to 3 lbs pull. I went with a buddy of mine to a smith to get his adjusted and it only took about 15 minutes. I live on the west side of Houston and would like to get this done today if possable.
    thanks all
    ATM
    Venture Surplus ad

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I would try to do it myself but i would really like to see someone else do it first. Theres a few boxes of ammo in it for you hahaahaA

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    If you feel like making a trip out to Dayton on Sunday I'll walk you through the process. I don't have any plans for tomorrow except cutting the grass and I'd love to find an excuse not to do that!

Joat

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I would try to do it myself but i would really like to see someone else do it first. Theres a few boxes of ammo in it for you hahaahaA

sbw9056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Katy,TX
    I just adjusted my Remington 700 trigger following the directions from Adjusting the Remington 700 Trigger . This was my first time adjusting a Remington 700 trigger. It could not have been any easier. It only took about 30 minutes and best of all it was free.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    what the heck. i guess i will give it a shot this weekend. if all else fails and i somehow mess it up i can always buy a drop in

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    If you need a smith in the future Pete at precision barrel work does a great job, and he is about as nice as they come. Precision Barrel Work

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's easy to adjust the trigger. We did a friends trigger down around the 1.0 - 1.25 # area. Just make sure to work the bolt a few times to ensure it won't slam fire if you go that light.

The upper adjustment is for the overtravel stop, the lower is the pull weight, and the one in the rear is not to be messed with.

Top Bottom