Guns International

Anyone having issues Logging in / staying logged in / displaying as logged in?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Ok so for the past month or so I have been having a strange issue. When I log in I see the redirect page saying thanks for logging in but then it takes me back to the homepage and shows I am not logged in. Cant post, cant jump to the most recent posting in a thread, but it shows the different colors of main icons to denote which main sections and threads have new postings.

Now to get stranger if I go into certain areas like usually the Hometown Houston area everything is fine or coming in here to post this, everything runs as normal. And if when exiting that area if I click on the Forum link in the location bar just above the ads but below the areas tab bar it usually would return the page to normal. Now it isn't doing that. Just taking me back to the you aren't logged in home page. Another section that is acting funny is if I go into the Off Topic Chat section, the main portion of that works fine but the subsections like job search, man cave, etc do not. Where as the Hometown main section does not but the Houston Sub forum does. Very strange.

Now for what I have tried.

Virus scan / Trojan scan / Malware scans come up clean on both PC's that I use on the internet and on all external drives that I have connected to the PC's since this issue started. I am a little fanatical about scanning for malicious stuff since some of these devices touch very important computers. All of my PC's get scanned every night, all of my external drives scan once a week and my flash sticks unless they are set up for an installation/upgrade procedure they get formatted twice a week just to keep cross contamination down if something slips in.

In Win7 using Firefox 14.0.1 originally and now 15.0

Clearing cache, clearing history, clearing active logins, clearing offline browsing data, Clearing cookies, clearing site preferences, clearing download data and history

In Win 7 using IE 9.0.8112.16421

basically all the same stuff as above except active logins as I did not see that one as an option in IE.

Also tried this on a Win XP computer with Firefox and IE 7 I want to say it was. I don't have that PC here today but had about the same issues. Slight variations but mostly the same.

The problems are only with this website and have happened the same via two different internet connections. One via Wired/wifi to my home internet connection and the other being my USB Air Card. Originally I thought it might be something with the versions of Firefox that I was running and this sites software but now I am questioning that since I know this Firefox just updated and I am still having the issues.

Any thoughts or ideas of things that I have missed in trying to get things back to normal.

Radioman

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks to whoever fixed me up. Or Murphy if he stopped messing with me after posting the stuff above.

Radioman

Top Bottom