anyone here an audiophile?

micah7488

Jun 4, 2009
Waxahachie/ San Antonio
i recently went to clean my parentals ranch house and came across 2 amplifiers. 1 is a national that i havent really looked at and the 2nd is a Sherwood S 9500 solid state amplifier. im trying to figure out what the going rate is for selling an item like this. ive have been searching quite a bit but to no avail.

any and all help is appreciated.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Probably not much being an old solid state. Most audiophiles I know are bigger into the vacuum tube amplifiers, and if they go solid state, it's with a modern 5.x - 7.x channel amplifier.

I'd just hook it up, and see if it sounds good to you, whichcase ... keep it.

micah7488

Jun 4, 2009
Waxahachie/ San Antonio
yeah i hooked it up, i have myself a 7 channel home theater system already. its nothing astonishing but its better than the 2 channel amp. I was curious cause I am looking for different avenues to save up for a possible .308 bolt gun and a tokarev.

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
I've got a semi-decent 2-channel setup in my room:

ADCOM Pre-amp
AudioSource 80RMS a channel power amplifier
Kenwood tuner
Denon CD player
Old Technics turntable
Paradigm Titan bookshelf speakers on stands

The turntable I got from my parents and the speakers I bought new. The rest was purchased second-hand on eBay. Sounds pretty good to me. I too have a surround system in my living room and wanted something cleaner for music listening, even though the front speakers I have in my home theater are towers and reproduce 2 channel stuff quite well. The amp in my Pioneer is nowhere near the quality of the AudioSource though, it effortlessly pushes my speakers and I cannot listen to it turned up a whole lot because of the amplification.

zembonez

TGT Addict
Feb 22, 2008
Republic of Texas
I've tried to set up the best of both worlds. (audio and home theater)

I'm running a Denon AVR-3806 powering the surrounds and center channel, and two Adcom GFA-555II amps powering my mains and subs. Throw in an Adcom line conditioner, a Denon DVD / SACD / CD player, and a vintage Sony cast base turntable and you get the idea.

Major Woody

Sep 12, 2008
Total Yamaha system.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts