• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    i recently went to clean my parentals ranch house and came across 2 amplifiers. 1 is a national that i havent really looked at and the 2nd is a Sherwood S 9500 solid state amplifier. im trying to figure out what the going rate is for selling an item like this. ive have been searching quite a bit but to no avail.

any and all help is appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Probably not much being an old solid state. Most audiophiles I know are bigger into the vacuum tube amplifiers, and if they go solid state, it's with a modern 5.x - 7.x channel amplifier.

I'd just hook it up, and see if it sounds good to you, whichcase ... keep it.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    yeah i hooked it up, i have myself a 7 channel home theater system already. its nothing astonishing but its better than the 2 channel amp. I was curious cause I am looking for different avenues to save up for a possible .308 bolt gun and a tokarev.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've got a semi-decent 2-channel setup in my room:

ADCOM Pre-amp
    AudioSource 80RMS a channel power amplifier
    Kenwood tuner
    Denon CD player
    Old Technics turntable
    Paradigm Titan bookshelf speakers on stands

The turntable I got from my parents and the speakers I bought new. The rest was purchased second-hand on eBay. Sounds pretty good to me. I too have a surround system in my living room and wanted something cleaner for music listening, even though the front speakers I have in my home theater are towers and reproduce 2 channel stuff quite well. The amp in my Pioneer is nowhere near the quality of the AudioSource though, it effortlessly pushes my speakers and I cannot listen to it turned up a whole lot because of the amplification.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I've tried to set up the best of both worlds. (audio and home theater)

I'm running a Denon AVR-3806 powering the surrounds and center channel, and two Adcom GFA-555II amps powering my mains and subs. Throw in an Adcom line conditioner, a Denon DVD / SACD / CD player, and a vintage Sony cast base turntable and you get the idea.

Top Bottom