• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    After a few years worth of griping about dog hair all over, our adult daughters bought my wife and I a Roomba 980 during Amazon Prime days (40% off). I thought, what a waste of money!

Man, was I wrong! I LOVE this thing!

Been using it for a month or so and it has become a great asset towards keeping our floors looking great!

At first, I hated it. It has a small dust bin and it would barely run 30 minutes before parking itself at the charger waiting on the bin to be emptied. But after a week of picking up all the hair, and when we run it every other day, it gets through the entire house without needing to be emptied. And the floors look great!

It goes everywhere! Under the kitchen table, around walls, under chairs, wherever it fits. It takes the machine about 75 minutes to vacuum our large, open floor plan. When I bring it in a bedroom and start it, it’s about 20 minutes and even the floor under the bed is cleaned! I start it on my way out the door for work and empty the bin when I get home.

It’s a great time saver if you are looking for help cleaning.

https://store.irobot.com/default/roomba-vacuuming-robot-vacuum-irobot-roomba-980/R980020.html

Definitely something to consider if you have pets. Look for sales around the holidays maybe...or Amazon Prime days. It’s not cheap, but it is a great asset I don’t think I would want to do without now that I have one!

LaVbRef

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    We have one.
    I like it, but have problems with it getting stuck under furniture.

Try the Roomba "unicorn bumper" and it will help. I got one and have never had a problem since I attached it. Mixed reviews though I think most of the attachment problems stem from inadequate or incomplete preparation before attaching it to the Roomba.

Amazon has these and they should work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075KWVTJV/ref=dp_cerb_1 If one falls off you have a replacement and I can always find a use for the extras.

Loved my Roombas but the first couple of weeks they found more fur and dirt than I could imagine. Got really tired of the "bin is full" and "clean brushes" messages. :roflsmile:

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Does it shut down when stuck?

Yes, eventually. When it recognizes being stuck, it will go into a hibernate mode and let you know where it wis stuck at. Since we run ours in the day while we are our, the job usually ends wherever it gets stuck at.

f4ffa24d02cb11a71a068b41ae26e1d2.jpg

We’ve found it gets stuck when first learning the house and if you move furniture around significantly. Once that learning curve is topped, there’s rarely issues.

NOTE: we have the version with the vacuum base; this means at the end of each job, the base vacuums our the material collected by the robot. If you don’t have that version, you have to empty it yourself. We specifically did not buy a robot vac until it could be a self-licking ice cream cone.

Attachments

• f4ffa24d02cb11a71a068b41ae26e1d2.jpg
      f4ffa24d02cb11a71a068b41ae26e1d2.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 427

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Try the Roomba "unicorn bumper" and it will help. I got one and have never had a problem since I attached it. Mixed reviews though I think most of the attachment problems stem from inadequate or incomplete preparation before attaching it to the Roomba.

Loved my Roombas but the first couple of weeks they found more fur and dirt than I could imagine. Got really tired of the "bin is full" and "clean brushes" messages. :roflsmile:

Well, I don't have a "roomba", it's a different brand, and if it doesn't go under the furniture it sort of defeats the purpose.

LaVbRef

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    Well, I don't have a "roomba", it's a different brand, and if it doesn't go under the furniture it sort of defeats the purpose.

Mine would push itself under the back of the recliner and raise it up. Further it went under the more weight on it until it finally was stuck.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Yes, eventually. When it recognizes being stuck, it will go into a hibernate mode and let you know where it wis stuck at. Since we run ours in the day while we are our, the job usually ends wherever it gets stuck at.

View attachment 183205

We’ve found it gets stuck when first learning the house and if you move furniture around significantly. Once that learning curve is topped, there’s rarely issues.

NOTE: we have the version with the vacuum base; this means at the end of each job, the base vacuums our the material collected by the robot. If you don’t have that version, you have to empty it yourself. We specifically did not buy a robot vac until it could be a self-licking ice cream cone.

I will look into that. Do you have a model number?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I had one of the first ones out, it did "ok". Once the battery finally died I gave it away. Since then we yell at the kids to run around the house with the cordless Dyson stick vac.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We got this one, it’s on sale all the time for $179.
    Absolutely love it.

1e8ace20792b682e450b536fcdd7f8bb.jpg

Our first floor is all hardwood and tile, and the wife has 4 cats. Keeps them barefoot-clean between visits from our cleaning lady (she cleans our house every other week), we never really have to do anything at all for the floors.

It runs at noon every day, and I have to empty the bin every few days.

It’s a dumb model, randomly cleans the floors. The ones that map your floor using lidar may or may not work better, at significantly greater cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 1e8ace20792b682e450b536fcdd7f8bb.jpg
      1e8ace20792b682e450b536fcdd7f8bb.jpg
      124.9 KB · Views: 277
    Top Bottom