• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I am opening a new business & requested keys to the business cluster mailbox about 4-5 weeks ago. On Oct 31 I did an online request to have mail forwarded to my home. I have requested two postcards from Google to confirm my office address so I can claim the business.

Here are the problems:

1. No mailbox keys yet. How long does it take for the USPS or contractors to change the locks?

2. I have not seen the Google postcards. They have not been forwarded to my house. No business mail has reached my house but it's possible there is none out there beside the Google mail since it's a new business. Am I doing something wrong? Is forwarding a new business's mail not possible?

I have filled out the form at the appropriate USPS to claim the mailbox & key.

On the plus side, I get to keep going to the post office and hear lots of people chew out the postal employees. So that's nice.

Third possible question is how long did it take you other guys to get the Google post card? Google says 5 days. It's definitely been much longer so I suspect it is a USPS problem.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The gentleman at the window cannot find any mail. He does not know when the keys will be ready. A man in front of me has been waiting 3 months for keys. The postal worker was not sure why I haven't received the mail at my house per the forwarding order.

Why shouldn't we socialize healthcare?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    1. Who owns the cluster box? Normally the USPS doesn't have any keys other than those they use.

2. Business mail can be forwarded. Did you let your letter carrier know you would be receiving mail for your business at your home address?

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    In my experience this is pretty normal for san antonio USPS. Ive had my fair share of issues dealing with them. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    1. Who owns the cluster box? Normally the USPS doesn't have any keys other than those they use.

2. Business mail can be forwarded. Did you let your letter carrier know you would be receiving mail for your business at your home address?

The one caveat would be government mail, like from the IRS...they won’t forward that, I’ve been told.

Given your username, do you find this to be true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

1. I believe the boxes are owned by the USPS. The building super told me to get keys from the local USPS office. I filled out an order form & they acted like I was in the right place. I got my personal cluster mail box keys from a different local USPS office at an old house.

2. Which letter carrier do I tell? My home carrier or the business carrier?

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Glad I live where the postal employees are on a first name basis with most residents. Of course, there aren't too many people to remember. They don't use forms in most cases. A sticky note in the mail box takes care of most issues.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    The one caveat would be government mail, like from the IRS...they won’t forward that, I’ve been told.

Given your username, do you find this to be true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are endorsements that we have to follow. One of this is Do Not Forward. If it doesn't have an endorsement and is first class it will get forwarded.

1. I believe the boxes are owned by the USPS. The building super told me to get keys from the local USPS office. I filled out an order form & they acted like I was in the right place. I got my personal cluster mail box keys from a different local USPS office at an old house.

2. Which letter carrier do I tell? My home carrier or the business carrier?

Both. The business carrier should know there's a forward. Your home carrier should know once they see the first piece of forwarded mail.

Now here's the catch. There's a possibility those postcards from Google carry the Do No Forward endorsement. Looking at the Google program I'd guess this is a very real possibility.

Go down to the PO where you suspect the keys are. Ask to talk to a Stupidvisor. If you don't get results there then go to the Main PO and talk to the Postmaster.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    MailMan is pretty much on the money- ( I was a Letter Carrier for 35 years before I retired 5 years ago) Now to try to help. - 1) Talk to the Carrier at your residence - not knowing if you get city or rural delivery this could be an issue. Rural carriers are a mite different breed ( they are essentially contractors) Now if you get city delivery - your carrier SHOULD attempt any mail addressed to your address. Our rules are you deliver as addressed until you are informed by resident that the addressee of the mail does not get mail there. ( WHY? EXAMPLE: you might have a friend visiting at your home for a couple weeks, and he is waiting on a check to get his car fixed and if the carrier sees a name he does not recognize and sends that mail back, your friend has just been screwed) Which is why we always deliver mail as addressed Until we are informed that person does not get mail there. Now here is the problem with that. A HUGE number of City Carriers these days are non career employees. They are hired to supplement the regular work force. If they last long enough they can become career carriers. They are discovering that being a Carrier is hard work, long hours in all weather, they are expected to run and skip breaks, lunches etc by management who overloads them. Which leads to some major SNAFUs. SO talk to your Carriers both at your business and at home. As to the keys, you need to make sure they are USPS box and not owned by the business park where your business is. Also - the maintenance end of the USPS is.... well - slow.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    There are endorsements that we have to follow. One of this is Do Not Forward. If it doesn't have an endorsement and is first class it will get forwarded.

Both. The business carrier should know there's a forward. Your home carrier should know once they see the first piece of forwarded mail.

Now here's the catch. There's a possibility those postcards from Google carry the Do No Forward endorsement. Looking at the Google program I'd guess this is a very real possibility.

Go down to the PO where you suspect the keys are. Ask to talk to a Stupidvisor. If you don't get results there then go to the Main PO and talk to the Postmaster.

Thank you. Good info.

I'm personal friends w/ the supervisor at my home office. I haven't pulled that string but I may do that as well.

I think you may be right about the "do not forward" endorsement. I have a friend that just opened a business & received a Google postcard. I'm asking him to look at his postcard.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I mailed a priority mail envelope to my office on Tuesday & used a friend's address as the return. Expected delivery, sans forwarding, was Wednesday.

As of now USPS says:

"The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of December 12, 2018, 10:34 pm. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected."

:rofl: Bezos needs to consult for the USPS. They have lots to learn.

I wanted to see where the envelope went in order to diagnose the problem. Seems that won't work.

I'm going to a Hanukkah party this weekend at the home of my suburb's USPS postmaster. Now I have something to talk about.

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I mailed a priority mail envelope to my office on Tuesday & used a friend's address as the return. Expected delivery, sans forwarding, was Wednesday.

As of now USPS says:

"The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of December 12, 2018, 10:34 pm. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected."

:rofl: Bezos needs to consult for the USPS. They have lots to learn.

I wanted to see where the envelope went in order to diagnose the problem. Seems that won't work.

I'm going to a Hanukkah party this weekend at the home of my suburb's USPS postmaster. Now I have something to talk about.

So does that idiot bezos the guys a rich dill hole

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom