DK Firearms

Anyone in Dallas willing to pick up and ship an AR15 upper to me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigj480

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Never mind, I don't know if this is allowed and should not have made this thread.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Uppers are not firearms and no FFL is needed.
    You can buy one from an Internet seller and it can be sent directly to your house or POB.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yep. You can buy any “part” you want except the stripped lower receiver. That is the “firearm” because it’s the only part that has a serial number and must be purchased thru a FFL. Usually they run $80 or so. Plus tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigj480

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Uppers are not firearms and no FFL is needed.
    You can buy one from an Internet seller and it can be sent directly to your house or POB.

Yes, I know. This was a complete upper that is under priced and for sale by an individual. It's listed on armslist, it's a PWS MK111 upper for $700. Too good to pass up, really.

bigj480

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    $700, you bet it's a good deal.

Yep, it's about a $1300 upper, too bad I'll have to miss out. I tried finding someone to pick it up for me but you just can't expect strangers to do that, even if you paypal them the money first and give them a little extra. If I'm wrong, there's $50 in it if anyone is interested. :D

bigj480

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    It might help if you would mention where from and where to.

All I could do is link you to the ad, it's just an individual on Armslist and the only way to contact him is email. Here it is:
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/7370992/dallas-texas-rifles-for-sale--pws-mk111-mod-2

I took the post down because it seemed like poor form and I was going to just forget it. That's why there was no info. Obviously I'm still interested though. It would be shipped to my address in the Houston area. If someone does contact the guy and set up a meeting let me know here or via PM and I will paypal you the asking price. If you do end up picking it up I'll paypal your the shipping cost + $50. I think you guys are trustworthy. On that note, if any of you guys find something for sell in Houston an would like me to pick it up for you I'm fine with that too.

Last edited:

bigj480

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Is this some kind of new internet scam LOL?

I promise you it's not but I COMPLETELY understand why you would think so. I mean, I don't see how it could be considering the price of the upper. You would end up on top if you bought it no matter what. Like I said, I've been on gun forums for a long time, check me out on uzitalk. If I was hard up for cash enough to scam someone I promise I would sell both of my M11 machine guns first. I'm actually taking a risk if anything. Really though, I don't want anyone to do it if they aren't comfortable with it. I can build a (not as nice) upper for about the same price and be fine, no biggie.

Why not get the seller to ship it?????

I already emailed him, he's pretty clear in his ad that he doesn't want to ship. Not to mention I trust you guys more than him. That is an awfully low price so I'm suspicious.

Last edited:

bigj480

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    But he's been a member on here for over nine years...

That's averaging a post a year, but considering almost half of his posts are in this one thread, the number is closer to one every 2-3 years! :p

Yeah....but I started two whole threads with just single digit posts! Never mind that this one sucks. I might stick around if you're lucky. ;)

Top Bottom