Anyone in Dallas willing to pick up and ship an AR15 upper to me?

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by bigj480, Sep 27, 2017.

1. bigj480

bigj480 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    I thought about it and I think that it's because I stated that this thread sucks in a half-joking manner. I believe he takes that as a criticism of other posters when really I was just me commenting on MY making a stupid thread. It was self deprecating. No hard feelings if that's what it was, text doesn't always convey the intent of a sentence very well when it could be taken more than one way. To be clear, I think the people that have posted in this thread are great and responded to a questionable thread in a reasonable adult manner and with a positive attitude. It seems like a very welcoming place other than this minor misunderstanding. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  2. avvidclif

avvidclif Active Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Any more questions.

3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I took it as a joke, hence my response to it.

bigj480 likes this.
  4. Maverick44

Maverick44 Well-Known

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    That's how I took it to mean. Guess it doesn't translate to everybody that way.

That was clearly a joke.

bigj480 and oldag like this.
  5. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Active Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    Where in DFW is this place? I am in FW.. so if it's in North Dallas I am not your guy... I also take partners with me to every exchange. If I am deeply suspicious 2 or more. So if this guy is fishy that's not a problem for me. I'll ship it to you if it is on the west side of DFW.. East side you'll have to find someone else.. The drive is unbearable.

bigj480 likes this.
  6. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    SMDH - not at Mav

bigj480 likes this.
  7. bigj480

bigj480 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Oh, so this is the issue. Well, I think the";)" makes it pretty clear that I was joking. You simply misunderstood.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. bigj480

bigj480 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    I really have no clue, you would have to contact the guy. He didn't respond to my email, likely because I asked him to let me know if he changed his mind on shipping. I'm really not worried about this upper anymore, don't worry about it. However, it was VERY generous of you to offer. I will probably build my own piston upper, it won't be the same but it will be fine.

9. viking_in_tx

viking_in_tx New Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Kinda off to the side, but there is actually an escrow company that is good for handling these kind of semi-trusted transactions between strangers. check out escrow.com
    There is a small fee, and payment is sent to them, the merchandise is sent to them, when they have both, they will ship the item to buyer, he inspects it and if found acceptable, instructs them to pay seller.
    I have an account and have used it in the past for contractor work... (flagstone project in back yard, semi-shady contractor... All came out fine in the end tho)

Just an idea

Darkpriest667 likes this.
  10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Ditto...