Anyone in Lubbock that Could Look at a Couple of Rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGW006

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2021
    McKinney
    All, the is a guy in Lubbock with an M1 Carbine and a 1917 Eddystone. The prices seem almost too good, but if legit, I will buy them both.

if you live in Lubbock and would consider checking these rifles out for me, please pm me and I’ll give you the guy’s address. Then, if it isn’t across town from you and not overly inconvenient, would you consider doing this?
    JGW
    Venture Surplus ad

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    All, the is a guy in Lubbock with an M1 Carbine and a 1917 Eddystone. The prices seem almost too good, but if legit, I will buy them both.

if you live in Lubbock and would consider checking these rifles out for me, please pm me and I’ll give you the guy’s address. Then, if it isn’t across town from you and not overly inconvenient, would you consider doing this?
    JGW
    Did the ad list the location?
    Did the seller know your location first?

Just be careful...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

JGW006

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2021
    McKinney
    Did the ad list the location?
    Did the seller know your location first?

Just be careful...

Good questions. He did not know that I’m in the Dallas area before he told me he is in Lubbock. And I requested he take and send me a picture of the butt end of each one (thinking that if he has the rifles he can take the pics, and if he doesn’t have them I would not hear from him again). The next day I got the pics and address. His IP address shows to be in Lewisville rather than Lubbock though.

There is enough that doesn’t feel “right”, but just enough that feels “ok” for me to want to have someone actually see and touch them. If legit, I’m going to buy both.

I’ve never been scammed on something like this and don’t plan on being scammed now. If I don’t find someone who doesn’t mind checking them out, then it will be a “hard pass” on my part.

JGW

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Good questions. He did not know that I’m in the Dallas area before he told me he is in Lubbock. And I requested he take and send me a picture of the butt end of each one (thinking that if he has the rifles he can take the pics, and if he doesn’t have them I would not hear from him again). The next day I got the pics and address. His IP address shows to be in Lewisville rather than Lubbock though.

There is enough that doesn’t feel “right”, but just enough that feels “ok” for me to want to have someone actually see and touch them. If legit, I’m going to buy both.

I’ve never been scammed on something like this and don’t plan on being scammed now. If I don’t find someone who doesn’t mind checking them out, then it will be a “hard pass” on my part.

JGW
    Any voice coms?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The rifles built at Eddystone had their barrels seated using an air impact type tool in order to increase production speed. This put stress on the receiver ring and if the original barrel is changed, sometimes a crack will appear on the ring rendering the receiver

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    The rifles built at Eddystone had their barrels seated using an air impact type tool in order to increase production speed. This put stress on the receiver ring and if the original barrel is changed, sometimes a crack will appear on the ring rendering the receiver

Now, that's the kind of quality content I signed up to see here! I'm adding that to my gunsmithing notebook today, and thanks for posting it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom