Capitol Armory ad

Anyone in the DFW area want to get together and to to the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    damn... What can you fire in the tac bay? I haven't asked them about it yet. I was dissapointed I bought a new ar yesterday and put on a red dot scope zeroed it in at the 25 and 50 wanted to take it to the 100 but they do not allow scopes with less then 3x magnification. I think that is silly, what if I was just using iron sights? can I not fire the 100 yard lane too?

I think they require magnification on the 100 yard range because the berms are fairly small. No iron sights there either for the same reason.

As far as the tac bay, (it's the first bay as you enter the parking lot) you can shoot just about anything except a shotgun (I think slugs are okay). Pistols, rifles of just about any caliber, either from the bench or standing. The range only goes back 30 yards though. But targets can be set up a 10, 18~ and 30 yards. You see a lot of AR's with red dots.
    Lynx Defense

MNutt113

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Same here I am 5-8 minutes from Elm Fork and go alone too. I usually just shoot the 100 yard but once in a while I bring my pistols. If you want I would be more than happy to go to elm fork with ya. Its almost torture I can hear the range every day and it makes me want to go shooting. Its not annoying or anything but it tends to kill my ammo supply cause I go so much lol

I am new to the forum but am about 15 min from Elm Fork and I go a lot with my dad and shoot the 25yd and 50yd rifle to with open sights to get ready for pig hunting and i also shoot pistols and rifles. I would love to try and push my .30-06 past 100yds but don't think i have an adequate scope set up for it. Think i could go 200-300 yds but thats about as far as i think i could go.

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Was another nice morning at elm fork with some of the group there. Was my 2nd time going, this time brought my new AR, met some nice people, got some good pointers, and shot some targets.

Can't wait for next month! Hope to see more there next time, half the fun for me is talking to others, having a little show 'n tell to break up the blastin.

I try to go once a week, if anyone wants to plan a small group between the main gathering, I am always down.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Was another nice morning at elm fork with some of the group there. Was my 2nd time going, this time brought my new AR, met some nice people, got some good pointers, and shot some targets.

Can't wait for next month! Hope to see more there next time, half the fun for me is talking to others, having a little show 'n tell to break up the blastin.

I try to go once a week, if anyone wants to plan a small group between the main gathering, I am always down.

Is anyone still down there? Just got back from a VFW meeting

DWDM_In_DFW

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Denton
    My schedule is probably open Sunday. Friend of mine got a new pistol from a coworker and is eager to try it out, but his wife might have other plans Sunday. We usually go to Armadillo, but I would like to check out Elm Fork, and it's the same distance away from me as Armadillo.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    My schedule is probably open Sunday. Friend of mine got a new pistol from a coworker and is eager to try it out, but his wife might have other plans Sunday. We usually go to Armadillo, but I would like to check out Elm Fork, and it's the same distance away from me as Armadillo.
    Let me know. I will bring my 38 specail, 40 cal s&w my two 308 rifles and my ar.

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Looks like I will be there tomorrow around 3pm? Probably will hop in the TAC bay with a few friends.

Don't know if that works for you but that's it for me for the next few weeks. I'll be back again midway through the month for regular visits.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Looks like I will be there tomorrow around 3pm? Probably will hop in the TAC bay with a few friends.

Don't know if that works for you but that's it for me for the next few weeks. I'll be back again midway through the month for regular visits.

I am free all day tomorrow as well. Its gonna be a hot one tomorrow bring water. Send me a PM and I'll give you my number and you can text or call.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Elm fork has coolers with free water just as a general FYI. Real nice place.
    Yea I know, Its my go to to place to shoot. A couple weeks ago they were draining the flood at the tac bays and there were a ton of fish that got baked by the sun lol. I live 5 mins from their and when the wind is carrying the sound my direction I can hear the range. I used to go at least 2 times a week but since the summer is in full swing I haven't gone as much.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area

I will not be out there today because I am waiting on a new BCG for my AR to come in the mail.

Top Bottom