• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwoOneOh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Unfortunately, Blackhawk is the complete opposite side of town for TwoOneOh. His realistic choices are Bracken (mixed opinions on that one), Cedar Ridge, Dietz or Bass Pro in order of increasing distance. Bexar Community Shooting Range may not that bad of a drive either...

Thanks Majormadmax! I guess i'm just gonna start with the ones closest to me and make a decision as to which one i like best. It may be worth a write up in the future for others interested in the same information.

Blackhawk > Bullet Hole.

Last time I was standing in the parking lot of Bullet Hole I had a bullet fall out of the sky, bounce off of a car beside me, then strike my car. I shit you not.

The only reason I ever go to Bullet Hole is for TGT events.

Hahahaha, yeah your post alone makes me a little hesitant to go out there, along with the other posts from other members talking about people on the range sweeping others with their muzzle.
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hahahaha, yeah your post alone makes me a little hesitant to go out there, along with the other posts from other members talking about people on the range sweeping others with their muzzle.

Don't let Clockwork be the only one to convince ya, I've posted numerous times about the ridiculous safety violations I have witnessed at the Bullethole! And I am not even as nice as Clockwork as I won't even set foot there for TGT events despite my good buddy KaliJaun constantly inviting me! It is more of a matter of principle now, I've heard things are better but back when they weren't we went to the management several times to get them to improve or even act on the obvious safety issues and we got absolutely no response. Having been muzzle-swept numerous times, and witnessing idiots handling weapons when the range is cold and we are out checking targets was simply more than I could bear. If I can't go to my preferred range (Camp Bullis, restricted to DoD ID card holders), then I'll drive the extra ten miles to Blackhawk. The range set-up is a bit weird, but I've shot IDPA there and have never had a single safety concern with the way things are run.

Bracken has a bad reputation with many folks and honestly given the issues they're having with local residents you'd think they'd be more accommodating to their customers but from what I've heard from reputable people is that their response has been to crack down even harder on them! When several people I know and trust are accused of things I know damn well they wouldn't do, it's enough to keep me away.

Good luck with your search, finding a friendly range after you move someplace is like finding a good dentist or a car mechanic you can trust! It's gotta be a priority!

Cheers! M2

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Lots of unfounded hearsay (He said/she said).

Cannot go wrong if you go to Bracken Range.

Good folks there, who will call a safety violation in a New York minute.

If you do your part, they will let you stay all day.

Welcome, and be well.

jrgurkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Floresville
    Can anyone give me some info on Bexar community range(cost hours etc) ? I have never been there but it is actually closer to me. I live just north of Floresville. Not able to go today. Since wife wants to go to I decided to wait till tomorrow.

jrgurkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Floresville
    Well me and the wife went out to Bexar comunity shooting range on Thur. Had a great time burned up some ammo and checked out scope on my 30-30. Anyone know what membership cost out there? I forgot to ask.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Woohoo!! I found Bexar Community today! Couldn't go in, but at least I found it. May have to go out and play after work Thursday or Friday.

That's where I always go now. Friendliest, easiest going range staff, and decent customers. Keep your eyes open; you're the safety officer. But it's worth it for me.

If you go out on the right day, you can end up with the range to yourself. :D

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    Cool. I like it when its empty. Cedar Ridge rarely is except during the hottest part of the days of late. Work has me really tied down at the moment north of the lake. When I get back to truck stop row, I'll pack everything and quite semi early one day. I'll even take a bucket or a dump truck for brass. I really need to go...I have yet to fire my new XDsc. Just have not had the time.

Top Bottom