• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but... I will be spending a few weeks in San Antonio with almost nothing to do, does anyone know a good pistol range there, I think I will be fairly close to the airport... Thanks. :1zhelp:
    ARJ Defense ad

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Bullethole is a decent range. $8.50 range fee, as long as you want, and as many as you can carry in. Also the Bass Proshop has a nice indoor range, but it probably cost a little more.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Another vote for Bulethole as the best place to shoot in SA, good people, nice range. I shot there a lot before moving to Austin this past summer and still get back for an occasional match.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Home is a good place to go as well is on the north end just outside of San Antonio in Bulverde...$10 range fee per adult shooter..most lanes are user moveable target stands...

stockFD3S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    I was muzzle swept on two separate occasions at bullet hole. No thank you.

I agree with fuelfather on Cedar Ridge Range in Bulverde. While a little more of a drive, it is a better facility. If you are into clays, they have an awesome sporting clays course that they modify all the time.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Hmmm, a valid point made, I generally shot at Bullethole during the week on the back ranges or in a match, not with the general public. I have avoided it on weekends when it gets crowded.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I appreciate all the replies, still undecided as to where i'm gonna shoot, may try a few places as I will be sitting around doin nuttin while my wife is in class.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hmmm, a valid point made, I generally shot at Bullethole during the week on the back ranges or in a match, not with the general public. I have avoided it on weekends when it gets crowded.

I agree, the Bullethole is a crazy place to shoot. I go through the week, wouldn't dare go on the weekend unless it was close to closing time. Never been anywhere else, but the pistol range inside BPS. Good luck, let us know where you go.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I didn't see that you were gonna be near the airport...Cedar Ridge would be pretty easy to get to from there as you would only have to take 281 north to 1863 and go east

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    my wife knows SA alot better than me, but she'll be in class while i'm getting in range time, though i'll need to take her one of the days, so i may try a few places while i'm there. I've heard good things about alot of these places. thank ya'll for the help. unfotunately i have know clue if i'll be able to post while i'm on vacation, but maybe I can take some pics while i'm out there. Some sort of "range report" will be in order I imagine with all the help ya'll have given me.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    As a number have posted: Cedar Ridge in Bulverde is a good choice. You might also want to check out Bracken Range located behind Rolling Oaks Mall (pretty close to the airport).

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Alright here is my unfortunate range report: I did not get to shoot.

Texas Guns / Texas Thunder Range: I wound up here by "garmin" these people were not busy, but treated me like I was #99 in a line of a 100 people. I waited patiently until someone decided to help me out. I did not get to shoot as I was wearing shorts this day and is against their policy. Range looks nice on website.

Cedar Ridge: I drove out there only to find out it was closed at that time, by the time it was open I was unable to return. So i tried elsewhere, apparently most of the ranges open after 12 on weekdays, I can understand prob not much traffic during the week. I really wanted to try this place.

Bullethole, not open when I was able to shoot.

Bass Pro: serious let down, I walked in, bought some Hornandy ammo 9mm Crit Defense off the shelf they just got in. Wandered for a while as I had never been in one. Found the range, asked a very helpful employee who said usually you have to make an appointment but if no one is scheduled maybe the rangemaster would let you in. So I waited patiently for the few minutes for the Range master to return. He does shortly, I ask and he says I have to make an appointment, I can clearly see there is no one on the range (close circuit tv) at least on 2 lanes. I ask if he can check to see if anyone is scheduled to come in as I am not from the area, he tells me no. Also informs me the lady taking reservations will not be back for an hour. Long story short, they lost a lil money on range fees, the "helpful" employee even asked him why he wouldn't check and he basically acted like he was the range master, I told the helpful gentleman not to argue it, I would take my business elsewhere as it was not necessary or worth a heated debate. come to find out, no one got my business... :banghead:

I will be shooting at Bracken Range in SA in May, this I know as that is when I will be taking my CHL with my wife (finally), I do appreciate everyones help and input on places, hope to be able to return soon and try out at least cedar ridge and bullethole.

WatzTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    S/A TX
    I got spoiled in VA with shooting at the NRA HQ range. I haven't been to any of the ranges around here, but from what i've read it doesn't sound too promising. Part of me wants to look into opening a range somewhere in NW S/A or out in Boerne. I ordered the NRA CD on range information but it got stolen out of my car the day I closed on my house! Welcome back to S/A huh?

TwoOneOh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Hey ya'll I'm still somewhat new to the area (San Antonio) and have not been to a range here yet. Due to the original age of this thread, can anyone provide some new insight on the local ranges or plainly what range you prefer in the area. I was looking at going to Bullethole but after reading some posts from other TGT members about a somewhat lack of safety on the firing line from other shooters, i'm a little hesitant.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hey ya'll I'm still somewhat new to the area (San Antonio) and have not been to a range here yet. Due to the original age of this thread, can anyone provide some new insight on the local ranges or plainly what range you prefer in the area. I was looking at going to Bullethole but after reading some posts from other TGT members about a somewhat lack of safety on the firing line from other shooters, i'm a little hesitant.
    What part of San Antonio? I generally shoot at Bexar Community range. Have shot at a place to shoot on the southside as well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Unfortunately, Blackhawk is the complete opposite side of town for TwoOneOh. His realistic choices are Bracken (mixed opinions on that one), Cedar Ridge, Dietz or Bass Pro in order of increasing distance. Bexar Community Shooting Range may not that bad of a drive either...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Blackhawk > Bullet Hole.

Last time I was standing in the parking lot of Bullet Hole I had a bullet fall out of the sky, bounce off of a car beside me, then strike my car. I shit you not.

The only reason I ever go to Bullet Hole is for TGT events.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom