Guns International

Anyone live in Parkside at Mayfield Ranch?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild West

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    G'Town
    We just bought a house there and I was hoping there was a member or two in the neighborhood. I love the area and living next to that huge county park is going to be great for my kids. Looking forward to checking out the "dog park" down the road that doubles as a bar too!
    Guns International

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    It's a pretty area between the flatlands of IH-35 eastward and the beginnings of 'hill country' to the north and west. That splash pad park should come in handy once you settle in! In the past two years, the area has just exploded with new homes. The first section of the 'hood was nice and building out slowly; then, all heck broke loose! You were a little lucky to find what you wanted in there...things are being snapped up right zippy! Now, if we could just get them to repave and maybe widen Sam Bass Rd(175 to the north)!!! Hopefully, the construction on 1431 will be nearing completion when you arrive to stay! Welcome to the convection oven! ;)

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Cedar Park across the Parmer Lane bridge from Austin. Did Schlitterbahn ever give up on that water park down the street?

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Cedar Park across the Parmer Lane bridge from Austin. Did Schlitterbahn ever give up on that water park down the street?

I'm personally happy to say I believe it's a dream gone up in smoke. Good golly, what a nightmare that would have been for traffic. Of course, Cedar Park was going to reap all the tax benefits while the traffic toward Round Rock, Austin, and Leander/Georgetown would have been fried!

I'm all for property rights and folks developing things legally; but something like the Schlit should be MILES north of there!

Wild West

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    G'Town
    It's a pretty area between the flatlands of IH-35 eastward and the beginnings of 'hill country' to the north and west. That splash pad park should come in handy once you settle in! In the past two years, the area has just exploded with new homes. The first section of the 'hood was nice and building out slowly; then, all heck broke loose! You were a little lucky to find what you wanted in there...things are being snapped up right zippy! Now, if we could just get them to repave and maybe widen Sam Bass Rd(175 to the north)!!! Hopefully, the construction on 1431 will be nearing completion when you arrive to stay! Welcome to the convection oven! ;)

Yeah, when we were looking there we had about 5 other couples looking at the same houses and sights we were! We ended up not fighting it out over a spec home and decided building from scratch was the best option for us since we won't be moving until August anyways.

LOL @ "welcome to the convection oven!" That's funny shit right there.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'm kinda afraid to answer now. LOL! M/I homes. We loved how many more options/upgrades were included.

Parkside was the first place I saw M/I homebuilders...what a horrible name. Is it Emm-Eye, My, M over I, M divided by I ???
    I guess you are aware that your 'hood is not related to Mayfield Ranch, the 'original'...can't even get there from 'there'. In fact, the two 'hoods don't even share one city! Pretty darned confusing 'up there' as you can just about see Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Leander and Round Rock from a single vantage point! The actual city limits boundaries for those municipalities look like they were drawn by drunk monkeys!

Of course, you have 'marketing' by folks like OneHomeSource who proudly tout the hood as being IN Austin!!!...(from their web site)
    [h=1]Parkside At Mayfield Ranch New Homes in Austin, Texas[/h]
    No wonder people are confused!!! Good thing the county boundaries aren't nearby...good ole Williamson County!

Wild West

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    G'Town
    Well, my home construction has begun. Underground plumbing is going in and slab is about to be laid. Here's to hoping the sun stays out for a while until it's at least framed!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Dammit Coach!

Yeah, I've been following the weather there lately and I don't see how the hell y'all got a drought going on out there. It seems to rain every other day! At least next week looks beautiful.

Sorry about that! At least it's not 90+ degrees like it COULD be in late April! Better to have a little rain on that new slab vs a bunch of heat! We'll do what we can to keep the thunder-boomers away from Parkside!(Did I mention the 2" diameter hail ????...Oh, never mind! :) )

Top Bottom