• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blacksunshine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    for the one I want to build I want a monte carlo syntheic stock with bolt conversion and scope/mount, if I have one like that then I will have another stocker too.....
    Target Sports

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    The way I did mine was got to the hardware store and get a grade 8 3/8" fine thread bolt about 6" long. Cut the threaded end off but leave about 3/8" of thread. Then cut the other end off to the desired length that you need.
    Then take the rifle bolt apart and cut the bolt handle off flush with the bolt body, then drill a 5/16'' hole in the bolt body where the bolt handle was. Then tap the hole with a 3/8" fine thread tap.
    Then cut the ball off of the bolt handle and drill a 3/8" hole where the extension was located, insert the special bolt with the threaded end opisite of the ball. Mig weld the ball to the bolt. CHuck it up in a drill press and dress up weld. Thread new handle into bolt body and heat and bend to the correct angle. Remove and polish new bolt handle. I never welded mine to the bolt body I just used red lock tite.
    I will look for some pictures and try to post them.
    DRJ

blacksunshine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    The way I did mine was got to the hardware store and get a grade 8 3/8" fine thread bolt about 6" long. Cut the threaded end off but leave about 3/8" of thread. Then cut the other end off to the desired length that you need.
    Then take the rifle bolt apart and cut the bolt handle off flush with the bolt body, then drill a 5/16'' hole in the bolt body where the bolt handle was. Then tap the hole with a 3/8" fine thread tap.
    Then cut the ball off of the bolt handle and drill a 3/8" hole where the extension was located, insert the special bolt with the threaded end opisite of the ball. Mig weld the ball to the bolt. CHuck it up in a drill press and dress up weld. Thread new handle into bolt body and heat and bend to the correct angle. Remove and polish new bolt handle. I never welded mine to the bolt body I just used red lock tite.
    I will look for some pictures and try to post them.
    DRJ

Thanks!

That is pretty much exactly the same thing I found a couple places on the net...one said something about silver something in replacement of welding..not sure what that is....but yours is the first one that said anything about tapping the pieces....

I was thinking either rod stock or a bolt....depends on how much the rod stock is but in comparison to a bolt...less than a $10 difference and not have to mess with cutting the bolt head and threads off....eh...we'll see....

Top Bottom