• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    My wife and I are looking to get a Berkey water filter. We are planning on getting one in stainless steel and with the black filters with the floride add on filters.

But we still arent quite sure if thats the best set up. We have been on the fence a while about getting the black or the ceramic filters. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
    Hurley's Gold

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    We bought just the ceramic filters by themselves. Since I hope I'll never have to use them, the plan is just to store them away and if need be, make our own system using food quality 5 gallon plastic buckets. With the threaded fittings, you just drill the necessary holes in the bottom of the top bucket. More filters, faster it works and more drinking water.
    It's been a while since going through the evaluation so I can't remember why, but we chose the ceramic over the black. Probably cause people were saying they're a bit more rugged and filtered down to .9 micron. Just now looked them up, Doulton 10" Super Sterasyl Ceramic Gravity Filter from Amazon.
    Hope this doesn't make things worse.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    We bought just the ceramic filters by themselves. Since I hope I'll never have to use them, the plan is just to store them away and if need be, make our own system using food quality 5 gallon plastic buckets. With the threaded fittings, you just drill the necessary holes in the bottom of the top bucket. More filters, faster it works and more drinking water.
    It's been a while since going through the evaluation so I can't remember why, but we chose the ceramic over the black. Probably cause people were saying they're a bit more rugged and filtered down to .9 micron. Just now looked them up, Doulton 10" Super Sterasyl Ceramic Gravity Filter from Amazon.
    Hope this doesn't make things worse.

x2

Top Bottom