• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I don't own one, but we rented one a while back. They are pretty peppy and lots of fun on smoother water (lakes that don't have many 30'+ boats on them). They will beat you pretty good across larger waves or rough water. Sorry that I can't be of more help. From my experience, it just depends on where you will use it.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    In theory they look very tempting. But you will have a lot more fun with a regular boat. When I used to own two Seadoo jetskis I followed the Seadoo boards quite regularly. Most people buy them and sell them the same year. You can probably get a used one almost anywhere. Yes, they use a lot of gas compared to even a boat with a 350 V-8! My Seadoo GSX used 13.5 gal/hr at full throttle, usually about 25 gallons a day. My brothers 25' V8 powered boat uses much less, typically 10 to 15 gallons a day.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    In theory they look very tempting. But you will have a lot more fun with a regular boat. When I used to own two Seadoo jetskis I followed the Seadoo boards quite regularly. Most people buy them and sell them the same year. You can probably get a used one almost anywhere. Yes, they use a lot of gas compared to even a boat with a 350 V-8! My Seadoo GSX used 13.5 gal/hr at full throttle, usually about 25 gallons a day. My brothers 25' V8 powered boat uses much less, typically 10 to 15 gallons a day.

I can burn much less then them and I'm running a mild 540 in a boat that'll weigh close to 6000# on the water. My comfortable cruise will beatthe crap out of them and they not being able to keep up but will burn 2x the fuel.

You're right, not many people keep jet's very long. The marketing get's them every time though. ;)

Top Bottom