Anyone reloading the 6.8spc?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Joat, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Joat

Joat Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Just finished putting together my 6.8 and am looking for load data on the 6.8mm. Going to be shooting it out of an 18", 1:11, 4 groove, 6.8 SPCII chambered AR.

So if anyone has a pet load they don't mind sharing, please pass it on.

Kind of looking for a starting point as I will eventually be loading plinker, target and hunting rounds for this rifle and am curious what others are already doing. I have the Barnes, IMR and Hodgdon load data, and have done load development in the past for other cartridges. (I just don't want to start from scratch.)

Joat

2. shibbykins

shibbykins New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    El Paso
    im also interested in the info.

3. shootmre steel

shootmre steel New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    East Texas
    I guess we will all learn together. I am starting load work ups for my 6.8 this weekend.

4. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
  5. shootmre steel

shootmre steel New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    East Texas
    I am a research nut. I try to read any and all about a subject I'm interested in, especially for my firearms and my loads. I have found through testing, that of a lot of information out there is a lot of BS. Yes there are a lot of opinions and posted test results. All valid, and well meaning.

ADVICE: When working up loads; Beware of all results and combinations reported. Buy a Chronograph before you buy an electronic scale. It is a far better investment. Go slow.

REMEMBER: We are all placing a 40K to 50K PSI explosive just 4 inches from our face. It never pays to go shooting your mouth off.

The 6.8 forum is good. I have used a lot of the information as a basis for comparison with my own workup. good luck.

MY FAVORITE LOAD TO FOLLOW::p