Target Sports

Anyone remember the gun store that would tell you to take your hands out of your pockets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Were I ever to encounter such blatant bs, I'd let em know why I was promptly leaving to never darken their doorstep again and would warn my gun toting friends about their ridiculous directives...

Being treated like I'm some kinda suspect is total nonsense.

Tell them you also frequent blogs like here and you can spread the message like wildfire.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Can you imagine tolerating such directives in a grocery store or any other retail store?

I guess, I'd probably snap back with something as equally obnoxious...

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Won't matter. You can't change someone's attitude.
    As in the case for the Thunder idiot owner I stopped at least ten families from going over there and instead referred them to other ranges. Imagine if each person does that? Business can only survive through customers and as we have seen with these closed ranges good riddance.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    As in the case for the Thunder idiot owner I stopped at least ten families from going over there and instead referred them to other ranges. Imagine if each person does that? Business can only survive through customers and as we have seen with these closed ranges good riddance.
    That happened to a former employer. Went to high school with the owner and friends for the longest time. I grew up and realized I’m a better person not being around him and a happier one not dealing with his shit. In fairness to him he had lots of childhood trauma and I’m sure it made him who he is.

Long story short you couldn’t trust him with money. I walked on his ass when he needed me the most. He didn’t have the people skills to make the expansion work. A year after I walked I’d go to various gun shops and talk to people, share where I used to work and all the feedback was the same negatives. His company has been out of business for a while.

Some people work hard and care about customers. Others prefer bullshit and lies.

Others I have met in the gun industry are just as nasty. Something happened to my generation. Loyalty to customers has been dead for a long time. Doing what’s right has been dead a long time.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Once when I was young and unemployed I filled out an application at a new gun store that hadn't opened yet. The husband and wife team were actually doing a lot of the interior build out.

Wife stopped what she was doing to interview me and asked me what I knew about guns. Before I could finish a sentence, the husband growled that he didn't give a damn what an applicant knew about guns. He crumpled up my application and growled at me to get the hell out of his store.

As I left I heard him tear into his wife, telling her he didn't want anyone who knew about guns. He wanted people who knew how to sell.

I'm still confused as to why he thought the two were mutually exclusive.

That store closed about as fast as it opened.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Once when I was young and unemployed I filled out an application at a new gun store that hadn't opened yet. The husband and wife team were actually doing a lot of the interior build out.

Wife stopped what she was doing to interview me and asked me what I knew about guns. Before I could finish a sentence, the husband growled that he didn't give a damn what an applicant knew about guns. He crumpled up my application and growled at me to get the hell out of his store.

As I left I heard him tear into his wife, telling her he didn't want anyone who knew about guns. He wanted people who knew how to sell.

I'm still confused as to why he thought the two were mutually exclusive.

That store closed about as fast as it opened.
    Reminds me of my former boss. We both knew guns but he treated his customers like he was working a used car lot.

I sold more guns than he did because I gave customers a better experience. Anyone can sell anything and be good at it but when you get people excited that’s rewarding. When you discount a gun because it’s a customer’s birthday, make new shooters feel welcome, make anyone feel welcome for that matter is a good experience.

Sharing my knowledge was also part of the experience. Doing what’s right also tied into that.

Nothing new Ben. Your jaw would drop knowing what I’ve heard figures in the industry say.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Can this just be an FFL bitching thread?

3rd coast ordnance in San Leon has a small 30-07 sign posted at the bottom of the front door. Of all things, an 07? I could at least understand a 30-05, but not an 07. Cool let me just leave my gun in my car.

Also didn't want to bring my gun out before i did the transfer.

Can't remember their name, but a very small shop in old town spring, had guys sitting in each corner of the store. Guess its cheaper than security cameras to make sure no one fiddled with their extremely overpriced Aero builds.

Shooters corner, Texas City. Called, asked if they had a glock 19 gen 4 in stock, they said they did. Drove down there, turns out they didn't. On the way home they called and said they got some in. Ugh.

Otto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    Dallas
    Back then, there was a gun shop called Ed's Guns at 11657 Research Blvd. and Duval
    He was cranky, disagreeable and unhelpful. But I don't remember any signs.
    He closed in the mid 90's and the place became an adult book store.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Won't matter. You can't change someone's attitude.
    Attitude changers I've used in the past successfully.

1676766254034.png

1676766335692.png

1676766366672.png

Top Bottom