• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    With the mag placement, that encourages thumb over thumb Weaver shooting, so right there it is already inferior. ;) lol

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

But hey, if they stamp "tacticool" on the side of it, they wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves. :rolleyes:

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes. Thats exactly what you have when you attach that mag to the rail. You can argue it with the ATF if you want but I think they will see it as a VFG aswell. Its not worth the trouble to me. If you must have this "tacticool" accessory, have your pistol registered as an AOW by an SOT 07 and have him transfer it to you for $5.

Ok. Just watched the vid. I thought the pic posted was the product in the video. The item in the video would not be an illegal AOW. The mag attached to the rail like in the pic posted would be. Also, anyone notice that the glock in the photo has a hammer??
    gmfgfullmagbase.jpg

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I believe it would fall into the AOW category. The question is,WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT IT ??? I guess you could be like that guy on Miami Vice and put a sling on it to carry under your white linen suit, and dont forget to leave off the socks.
    For 1/3 the price I can sell you a slightly used piece of broom handle and half a roll of duct tape.

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did notice that. What is AOW and SOT?
    An AOW is an "Any Other Weapon". Its a classification of class III weapon like a machine gun or suppressor or short barrel rifle. AOWs are things that dont fall into any other category. Pen guns, cane guns, pistols with a grip in front of the trigger, etc. The neat thing about AOWs is that they only require a $5 transfer tax to obtain one on a Form 4 instead of the $200 tax that other Class IIIs carry.

A SOT 7 is a Special Operational Tax, type 7. It is a short name for a person or company who has paid the fees and taxes to the government to allow them to manufacture for sale, class III weapons. There are, I think, 12 different SOTs ranging from manufacturers of fireworks, to class III, to ammo, to high explosives, to missiles and bombs.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    An AOW is an "Any Other Weapon". Its a classification of class III weapon like a machine gun or suppressor or short barrel rifle. AOWs are things that dont fall into any other category. Pen guns, cane guns, pistols with a grip in front of the trigger, etc. The neat thing about AOWs is that they only require a $5 transfer tax to obtain one on a Form 4 instead of the $200 tax that other Class IIIs carry.

A SOT 7 is a Special Operational Tax, type 7. It is a short name for a person or company who has paid the fees and taxes to the government to allow them to manufacture for sale, class III weapons. There are, I think, 12 different SOTs ranging from manufacturers of fireworks, to class III, to ammo, to high explosives, to missiles and bombs.
    Thanks

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    What's the point? That shooter's reloads were taking 2-4 seconds. It's not hard to be that fast reloading from a belt mounted mag pouch.
    The video has been disabled and I didn't see it, but you're right. You should be able to reload from a belt in that 2-4 second time frame. A lot can happen in a gun fight in 2-4 seconds.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    With the mag placement, that encourages thumb over thumb Weaver shooting, so right there it is already inferior. ;) lol

I was thinking the same thing: "Where is my left thumb supposed to go!?"

What's the point? That shooter's reloads were taking 2-4 seconds. It's not hard to be that fast reloading from a belt mounted mag pouch.

I noticed that, too. His form sucks; he's not indexing the magazine properly because he's not gripping it right, which is part of what's slowing him down. I'm not sure he can get the proper grip on the mag with that contraption.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I noticed that, too. His form sucks; he's not indexing the magazine properly because he's not gripping it right, which is part of what's slowing him down. I'm not sure he can get the proper grip on the mag with that contraption.

There is a proper way to. . .. . I think I need to learn how to hold a magazine.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Base of the mag goes into the palm of your hand, the index finger points along the front edge with the tip of the finger near the top of the mag almost touching the bullet of the top round. Your hand is kind of folded around the base of the mag. The index finger thing makes it easier to find the mag well and as you insert the mag you just flatten your hand out and slam it home.

Looking at that video again, if I were to use something like that, I'd probably put the mag in with the front of the mag facing up. Seems like that would be the fastest and easiest way to get the grip I described above. In a vertical mag pouch on a belt, the front goes forward.

Top Bottom