• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atxbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just wondering if anyone on this site shoots the Texas Tactical matches. I am planning on shooting on the 24th. This will be my first time. I went and watched last month and it looked like a lot of fun. Some of those guys are pretty good. I will be happy to keep all my shots on paper and not shoot any innocents which I did see happen.
    Ruben
    Guns International

allforbirds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    We went to Terrell and shot for the first time and loved it. The group was very welcoming and I didnt do to bad. I was extremely nervous about shooting while moving and dropping the magazine and re-loading. But I did pretty good from what everyone said. We will be joining and going to more of them.

LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I shoot in tactical classes. I'm a new shooter and it is a learning exercise for me. It is fun and educational. You get action examples of good technique and instant feedback on bad technique. The best thing for me is that I get an idea of how things might work in a real shooting situation. Now that I attend tactical classes, standard box-shooting is dull. I use box-shooting to practice what I learn at tactical shooting. If you ever visit Houston, I'll be glad to shoot with you.

noobshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Texas Tactical is a good group to shoot with. You'll have fun.

Just try to keep the point down to a minimum and speed will come later. Watch how the master class guys do thing and feel free to ask questions. The most important thing to remember is to have FUN, and leave with the same number of holes you came with .

atxbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Texas Tactical is a good group to shoot with. You'll have fun.

Just try to keep the point down to a minimum and speed will come later. Watch how the master class guys do thing and feel free to ask questions. The most important thing to remember is to have FUN, and leave with the same number of holes you came with .

I shot the match today and had fun. Had 1 procedure penalty for shooting out of order. Only had 1 missed shot but no failure to neutralize. I didn't shoot any no shoot targets either. I'll give it another go next month.

Tony Cade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Texas Tactical

Yep. I shot in the IDPA Texas Tactical match today. Lots of fun and good people. My first IDPA match. Guys and SO's were very helpful. Damn I need PRACTICE! Gotta shoot a lot of shots while moving.

Tony

markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    I shoot with those guys often,Just didnt make it yesterday. You know what IDPA really means dont you? I Dont Practice Anymore,because once your hook shooting it the range just isnt fun anymore.

Top Bottom