Gun Zone Deals

Anyone Shopping the Special Senior Hours at Stores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Went yesterday to Costco to help my dad. Long line but moved quickly.

I'd be impressed with these businesses if they offered exclusive shopping times for over 60 **and** veterans!

Over 60 is a nice (and understandable) gesture but I think our over 60 veterans deserve first choice!
    Lynx Defense

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Interesting that no store has devoted one or two days solely to senior citizens. It might actually give the stores an opportunity to recover some supplies a bit if they strictly enforced it.

Certainly couldn’t hurt.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Stores all seem to have the same single hour on the same specific weekday. Almost like Black Friday where everyone opens at the same time to try and draw in people first.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Interesting that no store has devoted one or two days solely to senior citizens. It might actually give the stores an opportunity to recover some supplies a bit if they strictly enforced it.

Certainly couldn’t hurt.
    Grocery stores really don't want the little sales seniors make. Nor do they want single people, or just couples. They want families who buy up all the items that are high profit!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    West Texas stores not as bad as some, but still short on TP and some staples. Meat down by about a third.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Apparently an older lady shopping at the kroger in prosper was grocery jacked in the lot on the way to her car.

They drove up emptied her cart, while she fought back, and then drove off.

I got the info from a person there at the time who works for a family member.

Time to take out the trash. Can't allow dangerous predators like that to mix with normal folk.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Tried the Walmart thing. Got there 15 minutes before opening. Already at least a hundred people in line waiting to get in. Said screw it and went home. If I wanted to wait in line to get in, I'd have gone to HEB.
    Had the same experience here. Evidently they didn't mind a hole to bellybutton so I waited until the herd got their buggies and cleared the door.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Thought about doing it this morning.... does that count?

Wal Mart’s published store hours (@ the location nearest me), are 7am to 8:30 pm. Senior time is only once per week, on Tuesday. And the supposedly ‘reserved’ time is one hour before the store officially opens. So, I take that to mean 6 am to 7 am on Tuesdays. I suppose that’s when the store might be most clean {sanitized} but it’s certainly not a real convenient time.

May still try it next week in order to pick up some beef to make jerky out of. Every place I’ve gone, it’s been slim pickens on beef cuts.
    Sam's Club and Costco have been having beef in stock, you just might have to wait on the butchers as they unpack and cut/wrap the stuff. Chicken...good luck. thought about hitting up the "free rooster" ads I see and processing my own!

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Apparently an older lady shopping at the kroger in prosper was grocery jacked in the lot on the way to her car.

They drove up emptied her cart, while she fought back, and then drove off.

I got the info from a person there at the time who works for a family member.

Time to take out the trash. Can't allow dangerous predators like that to mix with normal folk.
    That kind of behavior has to be dealt with. Before this whole Chinese Flu, I would usually go out of my way to help elderly folks with the motorized shopping carts and put their groceries in their car for them.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m surprised that Prosper Kroger’s didn’t have their parking lot covered with CCTV cameras! (Or, at least fake ones). The bad guys took a real gamble their car license plates wouldn’t be caught on camera.

Of course, the dollar value would’ve probably just been a misdemeanor - and the judge would’ve slapped them on the wrist with an admonishment, “don’t do that anymore”.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’m surprised that Prosper Kroger’s didn’t have their parking lot covered with CCTV cameras! (Or, at least fake ones). The bad guys took a real gamble their car license plates wouldn’t be caught on camera.

Of course, the dollar value would’ve probably just been a misdemeanor - and the judge would slapped them on the wrist with an admonishment, “don’t do that anymore”.
    The cameras are more to protect the store from slip & fall lawsuits. Hell I have seen shitbags fill baskarts with frozen shrimp value pack steaks & beer & walk out the door. Store policy is to let them have at it!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Of course, the dollar value would’ve probably just been a misdemeanor - and the judge would slapped them on the wrist with an admonishment, “don’t do that anymore”.

busykngt,

Personally, I believe that such creeps, who prey on the helpless, fully DESERVE being kneecapped with a 9mm.

yours, satx

Top Bottom