Patriot Mobile

Anyone take CHL class at Bullet Trap in Plano?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    Would like to hear from anyone that has taken the class at Bullet Trap in Plano, what you thought of the instructor, etc. Would you recommend taking the class there?

Thanks.

TEX DRAGO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    Dallas,TX
    I took the class there. The class itself was great, but when I had questions about filling out the paperwork in my situation, the instructor and other instructors just crap-ed in my face.

Russell B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Plano
    Includes the class, fingerprint cards, pictures and all paperwork to submit. The license fee is paid to the State.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Yes, I took my first class and my first renewal class at the Bullet Trap, Inc. I shoot there almost every month so I know most of the folks there.

What I like about Bullet Trap's offering is that it is one stop shopping. For the rather expensive cost, you get the class, range test, mug shot, finger printing, and notary. The fee at Bullet Trap is just for the classroom. It does NOT include ANY state fees.

The Bullet Trap has several licensed instructors so the ones I had may not be the instructor you get. They are all very nice. At the end of the day, they go over the missed test questions providing the correct answers.

The Bullet Trap does not tell you your range score. The stop counting once your reached PASSED. Some of the others make a big production of telling range scores. I prefer the low key, PASS/FAIL myself.

It is all about PASS/FAIL because that is all the state cares about. If you are looking to prove you are better than everyone else, try a different range. If you can live with just knowing you passed, then the Bullet Trap may be for you.

spdacr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Richardson
    I also took my first class there. Being a member at Bullet Trap, you get a $10 discount off the class. Instructor was engaging and kept the class moving. There were about 40 people in my classroom. There is a lot of material to cover and one class does not really do it justice. Class fee covered all the paperwork except the state fee. Took the class on a Saturday, did the range qual and fingerprinting on Monday evening and got the plastic about four weeks later. It is a long course - 10 hours which I believe is a state requirement. Not sure how other places can do it in less time.

pyrat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Allen, Texas
    Took the initial class at Bullet Trap earlier this year. Enjoyed the instruction and range time. Everything was taken care of and they were helpful with the paperwork.

Top Bottom