Lynx Defense

ANYONE TRIED THE WALTHER CREED 9MM HANDGUN??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I got an email from a TX vendor this PM offering me a Walther Creed 9mm pistol at a LOW price = 269.00 with Free S&H.

Have any of you bought/tried/carried this handgun as an EDC piece?? = What's your opinion of it for CC??
    (I've actually owned 2 Walther pistols: a PPK & a WWII version of the P38.)

THANKS, satx
    ARJ Defense ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ZX9RCAM,

THANKS. = I know almost nothing about them except for reading some "internet reviews", which are OFTEN written by an employee of a vendor.
    (NOT exactly an "arms reach" or neutral review.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I remember reading and seeing a few things about the Creed. One of the things I remember is that a bunch of novice women got to try it and a few other various handguns like revolvers and other semi autos and it was the preferred. Other than that one article, blurb, whatever, I really don't remember anything all that great being said about it. The thing that stuck out most to me though, was the funky way you had to take it apart for cleaning.

If you are dead set on a Walther, go with the PPQ instead.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    My wife and one of my buddies (who owns a shooting range) each have one and both are very happy with them. They've been reliable and shoot well with a decent enough trigger. I've enjoyed shooting the wife's Creed. She actually shoots it more often than the P320 I bought her. Regarding Walthers in general, does the PPQ have a better trigger? Yes, but it is also more expensive.

$269 is not a bad price. I'd certainly take it over most other lower-end pistols (e.g. SD9VE, etc.)

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Edit: On my post, #5, I was thinking about how the CCP takes down. NOT the Creed. Sorry.

pcnotpc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I had a PPX for a while, which was the Creed v1.0, and it had a great trigger. It might be alright for cc, but it is on the large end of that range. It would be fine as a home defense gun. Just clean it regularly, unlike you did with the Shield you sold me.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Just clean it regularly, unlike you did with the Shield you sold me.

pcnotpc,

THANKS for reminding everyone that my hands "don't work well" most days. = It's "just so wonderful" to be made fun of on the forum for having physical disability issues.

yours, satx

pcnotpc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    pcnotpc,

THANKS for reminding everyone that my hands "don't work well" most days. = It's "just so wonderful" to be made fun of on the forum for having physical disability issues.

yours, satx[/QUOTE]

Wow. Pulling the HC card! I didn't say a damned thing about your hands, did I? And neither did you, so how could anyone make fun of what they don't know about unless you go shooting your mouth off and tell them? No, I didn't mention your allegedly weak hands, but if you want to keep going there I'll be glad to call your weak hands with my weak hands and raise you with my amputated left foot any time.

I will say this: YOU WERE DAMNED LUCKY YOU NEVER HAD TO FIRE THAT GUN! After the year you had it and never cleaned it, it was so clogged up around the outside of the barrel at the front of the chamber with dirt and dead skin and live bugs (yes, I said LIVE BUGS) that the slide couldn't be racked to even disassemble it! THAT'S WHY YOU HAD TROUBLE RACKING THE SLIDE! The gunsmith was so grossed out he had to wash his hands twice after getting the slide off. All that crap even pitted the barrel and some of the slide! I sure hope the Army taught you how to maintain your weapon better than that!

Forget about the Walther Creed, or any other semi-automatic weapon for that matter. Stick with finding yourself a revolver. I would recommend a Rohm RG38. Maybe THAT you can keep clean and operable.

Top Bottom