• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sure.... Start now that I'm on my last 5 lbs to go :)

Lost 36 since May. If you guys want to share goals and such there is an app called LoseIt that allows for that sort of thing.

For me the biggest change was carbs. Cut them out for the most part and the weight came off pretty quick. Gained 3 pounds as I've started to add things back, but it's nit as hard as I thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome. I use LoseIt also and really like it. I'm basically using it to retrain myself on what is "enough" food with the right macros, so hopefully at some point in the future I'll just know by sight and won't have to count anymore.
    Lynx Defense

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Don't need no stink'n plan. stop shoveling stuff in the pie hole. Since Heart attack down 6 pant sizes, 56 to 46 waist. But with all of the damage over the years, I can't really say I feel better. just lighter. :stir:

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    When I moved to Texas at the end of July I was about 270. I am now at 245 and am down a pant size from 42 to 40 (which are getting a little loose). I used to snack every single night after 9 pm. I cut that out completely and also started doing the Insanity workout. I'm not really concerned with the weight, I just wanted to get rid of my gut. Now if I could just quit smoking......

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When I moved to Texas at the end of July I was about 270. I am now at 245 and am down a pant size from 42 to 40 (which are getting a little loose). I used to snack every single night after 9 pm. I cut that out completely and also started doing the Insanity workout. I'm not really concerned with the weight, I just wanted to get rid of my gut. Now if I could just quit smoking......

I dont smoke or drink but about the only thing i have changed is just not eating anything after supper. No appetitie right now so im not eating whole pizzas at 10pm.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    No official results yet but unofficial results and my attitude/hunger control are promising. I have a feeling the first 5-10 are going to fall off.

For me the first 10 flew off after eliminating most carbs and sugar. The last 5-10 have been a bear.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For me the first 10 flew off after eliminating most carbs and sugar. The last 5-10 have been a bear.

You know that whole carbs thing ive always kind of thought "sure thats the latest diet fad" but man a lot of people swear by it and it makes sense if you think about it. Carbs turn to sugar if unused. Plus historically we were eating veggies and meat and working like crazy. Not sitting in chairs all day eating carbs and salt.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I lost another pound in the last day, so down 15.

As far as carbs, the absolute best info that I could find from anyone was that for weight loss, 50g to no more than 100g of carbs is a safe level, though many people can go under 50 for even better results. For "maintenance" or normal muscle building, 100-150g+ seems to be the range to aim for.

I've also found the same thing. Since I started back on paleo, I've been consistent about finishing dinner at least 3-4hrs before bed. That's actually one of the stipulations for the "leptin diet", which helps improve your body's sensitivity to leptin, helping eliminate leptin resistance, suppressing appetite when you're actually full, etc. I think the idea is, if you stop eating 3-4hrs before bed, then sleep a full 8hrs, your body is effectively fasting for ~12 hours, which has a number of health benefits. Otherwise, eating frequently, and never going more than a few hours between meals (not talking about body builders, as they have completely different needs), you basically keep "stoking the fire" of continuing to put inflammatory foods (grains, gluten, artificial stuff, etc.) in your gut every few hours and it's never getting a chance to just take a break and heal itself.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Start a log of exactly what you eat, all day, every day. It's a great way to look back and realize what you've been putting into your body. Also, often enough you will put the candy bar down when you think "Man I have to log that if I eat it."

There's an iPhone app called My Fitness Pal that lets you share this daily log with friends--accountability.

For what it's worth, I'm 6' 1" and 185. I had an eight-pack three years ago, but I've stopped working out as life has gotten busier and priorities have shifted. Lost muscle due to atrophy and gained fat. Earlier this week I resolved myself to get back on the horse, so this thread is timely.

I don't have a goal weight. I just want to get rid of the insulation that has collected around my midsection and increase strength.

Last edited:

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Started mid-May and most recent body comp test was at the end of September... lost 11lbs fat and gained 10lbs muscle over that period. Eating better, lifting 4x week, crossfit 5x week. Still need to add about 15lbs of muscle, but that will take at least another 6 months.

BodPod.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ill try and weigh myself tomorrow morning. Been moving to a new house so ive been doing a lot of physical exertion but also been eating bad to keep going. Im guessing 220.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Last week I lost 2.8 lbs. Didn't work out just dropped soda. I weigh in today see how thos past week went. Gona put my fat ass onna treadmill this week :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom