Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Being sick sucks,...
    Biggest weight loss/being sick/embarrassment story I can tell:

In 1982, I got a new boss. Nice guy and smart as a whip but a skinny little shrimp. I was grousing about being fat and he told me he'd once been fat, very fat. However, he said he'd gotten sick and lost all the weight.

I asked him what illness it was and offhandedly mentioned that I'd like to get sick like that.

He just said "No, you wouldn't." and that was the end of that conversation.

As it turned out, at the time of that conversation he was descending into full-blown AIDS, a death sentence 30 years ago. He lasted about 18 months after that.

Sheesh, I could be an ignorant ass when I was a kid.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I'm late to the party as well. I started my get healthy journey on Oct 17, started at 181 lbs (BMI 26.73, Overweight Range), I'm 5'9". I've been doing the Focus T25 workout every day, and eating about 85-90% Paleo ( I have to cheat every now and then). This morning I weighed in at 159.5 (BMI 23.55, Normal Weight Range), so I'm down 21.5 lbs.

It's great that everyone is getting motivated to get healthier, keep it up!!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    ruje8u9a.jpg

Its on!

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Holidays are kicking my ass with all this food, had a few weeks of no weight loss. But I guess I aught to be happy I didn't gain any.

I'm down a total of 12 lbs in 7 weeks.

I also started drinking BoltHouse Farms Brand Fruit Smoothies for breakfeast, picked up some all natural type granola bars for snacks. Cut out sweet tea at home, but sometimes drink it if I'm out eating BBQ. I try to avoid bread when I can and eat leaner meat like turkey.
    I got burned out on walking on a tread mil in a room with nothing to look at, i might buy a bike and go ride!

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm down another 4 lbs! As of today...
    Trying to stay below 1600 calories a day.

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    Biggest weight loss/being sick/embarrassment story I can tell:

In 1982, I got a new boss. Nice guy and smart as a whip but a skinny little shrimp. I was grousing about being fat and he told me he'd once been fat, very fat. However, he said he'd gotten sick and lost all the weight.

I asked him what illness it was and offhandedly mentioned that I'd like to get sick like that.

He just said "No, you wouldn't." and that was the end of that conversation.

As it turned out, at the time of that conversation he was descending into full-blown AIDS, a death sentence 30 years ago. He lasted about 18 months after that.

Sheesh, I could be an ignorant ass when I was a kid.

That's a 'Bear Trap' moment. One of those times you're just going along through the woods, no problems, everything's hunky-dory, and then someone says something and you reply. . . then the hammer drops and you realize that what you said was very, very bad, or came across as ignorant, tacky, creepy or just foolish. But there you are, caught in a bear trap and you suddenly start sweating on how to get out of it.

We've all done it.

I cringe when I think of some of mine. . . LOL

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I lost around 20 pounds thanks to Pancreatitus. 15 of that was in the first week. I was by no means overweight to begin with. Still trying to put weight on.....

God I hope none of you ever have to deal with this!

Last edited:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'll be honest...haven't lost another pound since my last post...holidays and cold weather aren't helping any, but I've just gone back to some old habits(sweet tea, ice cream); BUT, I've started back on the bike as of the 1st and SWEAR I'll do better! Guess I might have won the booby prize in this contest! ;)

Congrats to those who are keeping with the plan!!!

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    As of this past tuesday I'm down 28lbs.

I started the first week of november '13, for 2 weeks around thanksgiving and 1 week around Christmas I didn't loose any weight as I still ate a lot so it was slow going at first.But lately i've been dropping 2-3 lbs a week.So far that's without working out!

Can't wait to move into these apartments me and the wife found, they have a good size gym in the clubhouse.And I figured eventually it's going to get harder to loose weight and ill have to work a little harder.

Here is a look at a typical day of eating for me since the begining of the new year.

ajyqydu8.jpg
    udyjuryh.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom