• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know real change comes with eating better and moving more. So now that, thats out of the way...

Anyone want to lay it on the line and do a weight loss challenge for a month or something?

Its good to be part of a group for encouragement and accountability.

We can end it on Thanksgiving.
    Texas SOT

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm 2 days in to No soda and staying around 1500-2k calories in a day.
    Feels like I'm eating like a bird and I have got to say I am not to excited about veggies, grilled chicken and salad and such but I'm dealing with it for now.

Trying to keep it up through the new year, can't quit for Thanksgiving even though its the worst part of the year to eat right.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I'm 2 days in to No soda and staying around 1500-2k calories in a day.
    Feels like I'm eating like a bird and I have got to say I am not to excited about veggies, grilled chicken and salad and such but I'm dealing with it for now.

Trying to keep it up through the new year, can't quit for Thanksgiving even though its the worst part of the year to eat right.

bit of advice, dont burn out. in fact, look into keto/caveman/lowarb. low fat/high protien will burn you out in a week or two.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    id be down, as i really need to step up, but with 40hrs+ of work and full time school, im having problems finding gym time.

maybe some sort of reward would help with the kick in the pants, plus it would have to be longer than a month.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Alright. Might just make this a running thread and not that structured so people can participate as they wish.

So...i weigh 220 this morning. Will try to update so long as there is some participation here.

My goal right now is no sugary drinks dammits!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    235 start. goal is to get under 200 by the 21st of december. cutting out beer, reducing carbs as much as i can to get more balanced. Will need to start riding my bicycle again and get more exercise in general. office work and a poor diet has made me flabby.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I Have to find a scale for my big ass, I'm 6'7" and normally around 290-300lbs.

I also cut out beer, I have 1 sweet tea a day if any but try to stick to straight water if possible.

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm screwed, came in at 354lbs. Guess being out of work for a few months made me a even bigger fat ass.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Sounds like a plan - Start weight is 304, at 6'. (I guess adding weight will make you shorter... Used to be 6'1" :[ )

So I suppose that this challenge will end on December 6th?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No negativity here people! Be encouraged.

As far as an ending date im up for whatever or we can just keep this thing rolling.

My goal weight is 185. I need to make it happen.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I'm going to work on it. I need to get atleast below 300 noe. Used to be 265 and was happy there.

Atlas Thug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2013
    Big FTW
    My goal weight is 235. I am 6'-3" and right now I am at 258. It's hard to find healthy food in the French Quarter, though.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    they make share-able online spreadsheets which may be fairly handy for this type of effort. Google drive has one, and Microsoft has one too but I've never used that, only seen it. Thoughts? I'm not sure if people will need a gmail account or not to access/edit a shared google doc.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm down!

With the insane work hours over the past year, I really let myself go, further than I thought. Started at 283 (heaviest ever) on Oct. 21st and I'm now at 270 with just diet. Was going to go to ~Oct. 19-20 with just the diet change (for a full 30 days), and then start lifting weights. I'm thinking of doing something along the lines of weight circuits and/or some HIIT cardio thrown in, but I hate cardio and hate running so I figure I'll just do weight circuits/bodyweight stuff with greater intensity most of the time. Reminds me, I need to figure out how to rig up my gymnastic rings in the house without destroying the place. LOL

I'm 6' 2". I'm still not sure on my goal weight. My LBM should be ~185-190 I think, and I'm thinking when all is said and done with an added 10-15lbs of muscle/LBM, that I'll be around 200-210lbs? Still not sure here, I just know that I want to be closer to ~10-14% bodyfat, with a significant improvement in muscle mass, and I'll be happy.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Sure.... Start now that I'm on my last 5 lbs to go :)

Lost 36 since May. If you guys want to share goals and such there is an app called LoseIt that allows for that sort of thing.

For me the biggest change was carbs. Cut them out for the most part and the weight came off pretty quick. Gained 3 pounds as I've started to add things back, but it's nit as hard as I thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom