Capitol Armory ad

Anyone use the Sig Sauer STS-081 Red Dot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    No firsthand experience, but from everything I have read, they are junk, and made by Konus, which retails for significantly less. If you want an inexpesnive RDS, take a look at Primary Arms.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Grab it if it is for under $75. Wouldn't call it junk. Also wouldn't call it the best RDS ever made either. Just a decent red dot that has a long battery life on low setting and works the way it is supposed to. Never heard it was made Konus. Probably another unsubstantiated claim on some forum somewhere.

I hear a lot of rumors when it comes to Sig stuff. I believe literally zero of them. If it is made by Sig or has their name on it, you can believe it is good quality. Is it an Aimpoint, Trijicon, Eotech? Of course not. Sig includes them with some of their rifles. What other manufacturer does that, gives you a little something extra?

Oh yeah, some Konus stuff is pretty good actually, by the way. I have also heard that Primary Arms are POS.

Last edited:

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    He's selling me the red dot and another sight for 75. Might pick it up, but I'm also debating just holding off and getting an eotech exps2-0

Yeah, I think you are getting a good deal. Just another red dot to have.

Sig Sauer Sight MRD Mini Red Dot Sight 4 MOA Parallax Free Black Sight STS 081 798681412563 | eBay

I guess all the bidders in these auctions are just suckers for cheap Chinese junk (they're not even made in China).

Primary Arms are actually made in China btw.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Having had the Sig lasers on our P238's, I wouldn't buy any Sig branded optics. And Primary Arms is the best value in the firearms market. They may be made in China, but the Texans that have them made are as reliable as the sun coming up.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have an STS-081. I have not had any problems with it. It is mounted on a HK-94 clone, and does a great job. It holds the zero, and the large number of brightness adjustments makes it suitable for everything I have used it for.

The adjustment screws are not that great, but once it is sighted in it stays there.

Last edited:

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    The truglo red dot looks interesting also, may be a better deal than the one I'm looking into

It might be, but the Sig red dot is worth what your friend is asking. If you buy it and don't like it, hell I'll give you what you paid for it. They are pretty solid for the price. I have one on my AK.

Top Bottom