• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Just placed an order today for some of these. Specifically 230gr for the 45 acp. I admit I've had the best accuracy from 200gr SWCs but I like the idea of a one size fits all bullet. I like to run a variety of plated bullets on some AR500 targets and imagine these should minimize splash back so they should work well.

Anyone out there load any up? If so how did they shoot for you?
    DK Firearms

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've always gotten great quality bullets from Berry's. Now, terminal performance on their "hybrid"? I can't vouch for that, as I haven't shot into ballistic gels or anything like that.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    How can you load 'em if you can't FIND 'em? I looked a couple of weeks ago, and found zero... anywhere. Many suppliers said "no backorder"...

they LOOK good in pictures, however....:rolleyes:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Decided to update this one after taking a few measurements and comparing to normal Berry's plated and Winchester 230gr HP. It looks like they ran the overall length very close to the plated RN with an overall length of .610" and a diameter of .4525". The plated RN in the same weight were .635" and .4515" diameter at the base.

Surprisingly the Winchester HPs were slightly longer at .638" but ran the most narrow at .451". I imagine their length is a product of their more aggressive hollow point which is noticeably deeper and wider.

Overall I'm pleased. Of course the real test will be out the end of a barrel but in my experience a slightly oversized bullet has great accuracy. I'm not sure how much expansion to expect at 45 auto velocities but like I said before, looking for less splash back against steel and some deformation when these touch down.

I'll post another update or start a new thread somewhere down the road when I put these through their paces. Looking at their profiles I'm certain I can run almost as long as the RN as their ogives are similar. If anyone's in the market, I'll give these a solid endorsement based on their consistency and QC if nothing else.

The picture below shows the plated RN top left, hybrid top right and Winchester HP on bottom and lower sides.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_201003376~2.jpg
      IMG_20210407_201003376~2.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 110
    Top Bottom