Gun Zone Deals

Anyone willing to trade some Federal Large Pistol Primer for CCI LPP?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    I've got a bunch of Large Pistol Primers in CCI and my new single action wheel gun "light strikes" because of the work on the springs. I need some soft primers for this gun. I'm perfectly happy with CCI in my .45ACPs and in rifles, but I need the soft ones for long colt.
    Target Sports

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    All I have on hand is Winchester, probably not as soft as you need.

I think it goes from soft to hardest: Federal -> Winchester -> CCI but I'm not sure. They may work. I'd be happy to trade you a 1K box (or less) if you want some CCI. I don't really care what brand primer until now... Even if they turn out too hard, they'll still work in the 1911s.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm NW of Houston, if you're ever this way I'm not terribly fussy on primer brand. I'd swap Win for CCI if you want to give it a whirl. I only have 900 on hand right now.

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    I'm NW of Houston, if you're ever this way I'm not terribly fussy on primer brand. I'd swap Win for CCI if you want to give it a whirl. I only have 900 on hand right now.

thanks, Brains! I actually go back and forth Austin to Houston and drive right through cypress about twice a month. I'll PM you when I'm back in town and if we could swap maybe a couple hundred or so, at least I'll know by then if light strikes go away...

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Bubba,

I think a couple of boxes of a hundred would at least let me see if there's a consistent difference. I can always try to buy some from LGS, I guess. I know I can get em online, but the problem isn't the avail. I have PLENTY of CCI. Literally 1000s. Don't really want more in stock and definitely don't want to pay hazmat on a single box.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Ken, the Academy at 1431 and 183 sells Winchester primers.. 3.99 a 100. You might check with the Academy in RR off 35 and see if they are doing it.

ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    That'll work, too. I forgot they started selling reloading. I just need to try a couple hundred before I buy a bunch so that'll help. Thanks for the reminder.

Top Bottom