• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    I am in the market for my first gun, and I have been eyeballing and salivating over a Smith and Wesson M&P40 while trying to get my Iowa DL changed to Texas.

I saw a friends Sig P228 (M11-A1) and fell in love.

Well, I due used to stop by academy last night, and they had neither... they didn't really have much of anything for that matter...

A couple sigs, an XD, a few 1911's, and a bunch of 22's.

Does anywhere in Ft Worth have any guns left? My schedule isn't flexible enough to be able to be thee when they open every day to see if hey have anything new.
    ARJ Defense ad

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Been to academy a few times when they opened with no luck on AR's.. You might look at pawn shops but their prices are close to new..

Yeah... not really interested in pawn shops...

I'm new to this world, and I really don't want to buy someone else's problems because I was to inexperienced to see that the weapon was defective before I bought it.

Anywhere else besides Cabelas and academy have any decent selection?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You will find that Cabelas in either Fort Worth or Allen has a good sized selection of pistols in stock to choose from. Another source close to you that keeps a good selection in stock is Winchester Gallery in Fort Worth. There's no need to panic just because you are not seeing what you want at Academy. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you end up with.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    You will find that Cabelas in either Fort Worth or Allen has a good sized selection of pistols in stock to choose from. Another source close to you that keeps a good selection in stock is Winchester Gallery in Fort Worth. There's no need to panic just because you are not seeing what you want at Academy. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you end up with.

Not panicking yet...

I was in cabelas not long ago, stood in line for anhour or so... new gun sales counter was EXTREMELY busy.

Ill check out Winchester gallery. Do they have decent prices?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Not panicking yet...

I was in cabelas not long ago, stood in line for anhour or so... new gun sales counter was EXTREMELY busy.

Ill check out Winchester gallery. Do they have decent prices?

They're a locally owned shop so they can be a little higher than the big box chain stores but you'll get better service (and an indoor range) out of the deal.

Texas Gun Builder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Texas
    Hi, if your still looking....B&S guns at the corner of Hwy 30 and Beltline road in Garland has quite a selection.........but their prices are normal for the times. I have been a customer of their's for 7 years. They honor any warranty of a fire arm you purchase from them, and fix the weapon for free, no sending the gun in for repair.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    As for good prices....that animal does not exist right now, and won't for awhile....

Price isn't really an issue unless were talking 50% or more over what it cost before sandy hook.

I've been looking for about 6 months... so I'm able to spot obvious price gouging.

My budget is around $1500, but I'm not paying $1500 for a $500 gun.

mcd_sports

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fort Worth
    You can try Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor at 35 and 820 in North forth Worth. Last I was there, they were pretty busy, but they still had an OK selection of handguns.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You can try Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor at 35 and 820 in North forth Worth. Last I was there, they were pretty busy, but they still had an OK selection of handguns.

Sure, they have an OK selection of handguns, at $200 to $400 more than you'll pay elsewhere...

And that was BEFORE Sandy Hook and the ensuing panic. Back when I was shopping for pistols.

Top Bottom