• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Satx, as a descendent of Scots Highlanders and Irishmen alike, and a lover of fine spirits, I can tell you the thought of that dried-up piece of bitch jerky swilling any quality whisky turns my stomach.

Then again, just about anything relating to her turns my stomach...

General Zod,

As a member of an old "border-lands" Scots/English/Amer-Indian family ("Our crowd" was BANISHED to "His Majesty's colonies in the Carolinas" in 1622 & intermarried with the local Native maidens, quite soon.), who once lived/raided from the area on BOTH sides of Hadrian's Wall. ====> ONE of our ancestors was William T. "SCARFACE" BANKHEAD, who was a "notorious raider, highwayman, cutthroat & reiver of the King's cattle in "the disputed lands", circa 1530-1600. = He had a WIDE/WHITE scar from forehead to near his chin from a Kingsman's sword cut & finally died of old age (I think about 1605-1610).
    (My late mother, who was a "family historian" always said that we had "more outlaws than inlaws" in the clan's distant past AND that by the mid-late 19th Century that the family was "more or less law-abiding".)

ADDENDA: When I was more than "half-grown", I realized that the "wild stories" that I many times heard, at the fireside "from the old folks", as a boy of "cattle raids across the wall", "beautiful virgins, spirited away in the dark of night", "dashing swords-men", BLOODY raids & intra-clan feuds, fighting with King's men & at least some "dagger-wielding & DEADLY women" were from the early 17th Century or even much earlier.

CHUCKLE, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    General Zod,

BTW, as "the old Anglo-Scots families" calculate "fairly recent stories", my G-G-Aunt Leticia Fey P______________ "rode with Bill Anderson's gang in MO & KS" (after her "intended" was murdered by Jayhawkers), "was said to be 'absent ruth' & 'a dead-shot' with her brace of 1851 Navy Colts" & after TWBTS was a saloon owner, "keeper of a disorderly house" near Tulsa, gambler, train-WRECKER, bank robber, a "familiar of outlaws in the Indian Territory" & (reputedly) a "sometime" bounty hunter in The Winding Stair Mountains.
    When "Aunt Lettie" was in her late 30s, she married a doctor from Alabama, moved to Muskogee, birthed 4 children by him, raised/raced horses & passed away (about age 80) in the Spanish Flu epidemic in JAN 1919.
    ("Dr. Ross", Aunt Leticia Fey & her 4 children are interred at the OLD MASONIC CEMETERY in Muskogee, OK.)

NOTE: My Aunt Hattie Lovelace told me MANY TIMES, "DO NOT GLAMORIZE Leticia, as she was PURE EVIL, a MERCILESS KILLER, a notorious outlaw & what The Apostle Paul called, a "Demon from her mother's womb."
    OTOH, my grandmother, who knew Aunt Leticia Fey well in her girlhood, said, "I admired & desperately wanted to BE your Aunt Leticia. Don't believe what Hattie says about her. She wasn't as bad as all that.".

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom