• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Is there a waiting period for AOW paperwork to go thru before I can take possion of an aow gun? I am in north texas and the gun would be a small pump shotgun.
    Westy
    Texas SOT

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    Yes you will have to wait. It is the same form same cleo signature and so on. The only difference is the price, $5.00 vs. $200

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    DO you mean a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 18" (an SBS)? If so, that's $200.

That may be what dan421 said, but it looked to me like he's saying it the other way around, as if it's $5.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    An A.O.W. is a weapon classification utilized by the B.A.T.F. to categorize and restrict those weapons that are not considered to be a rifle, pistol, or machinegun. An example of an A.O.W. is a short-barreled shotgun or a pen-gun. They are class III (NFA) items, and must be approved for transfer to individuals at the federal level (with a "form-4"). Cost to transfer= $5.00

S.B.S. - Short Barrel Shotgun
    Short barrel shotguns will have a barrel less than 18", and will have a full stock. These guns require a $200.00 transfer tax.

This is a A.O.W.
    aow.gif

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    An A.O.W. is a weapon classification utilized by the B.A.T.F. to categorize and restrict those weapons that are not considered to be a rifle, pistol, or machinegun. An example of an A.O.W. is a short-barreled shotgun or a pen-gun. They are class III (NFA) items, and must be approved for transfer to individuals at the federal level (with a "form-4"). Cost to transfer= $5.00

S.B.S. - Short Barrel Shotgun
    Short barrel shotguns will have a barrel less than 18", and will have a full stock. These guns require a $200.00 transfer tax.

This is a A.O.W.

Right, I found that description as well.

I'm curious though. The picture you posted, according to the description of a SBS would not be an SBS. I wonder how it would it be be classified and why different from a gun with a full stock which comes with a much higher fee.

Top Bottom