Guns International

Ap5 Discrete carry for mall trips and such.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    As far as ammo for dropping them like the movies there is 9mm SMG Ammunition Hirtenberger L7A1

That Hirtenberger stuff is no joke. A friend gave me a couple boxes once, when I was a security monkey. Jacketed soft point sub gun ammo. He ran it thru two guns primarily - his Glock 17 and his Browning Hi Power Mk. III

I shot a box to verify function and where it was impacting, and wound up as my duty-carry ammo for a while.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Nice. Mine is in a vertx edc gamut, something like that. Makes for a nice road trip gun.

If you are having trouble feeding JHP ammo, try some HK mags.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I agree with Tnhawk.

If you think the odds of having to use your firearm increases substantially in a mall...why would you go there?

I use to shy away from Amazon and other internet places to buy - no longer...

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I agree with Tnhawk.

If you think the odds of having to use your firearm increases substantially in a mall...why would you go there?

I use to shy away from Amazon and other internet places to buy - no longer...
    Meh, I dont think the odds are high I would ever need to unholster my weapon in self defense. Especially since I dont work in those jobs where such things are more likely anymore. I still carry.

I rarely go to public places with lots of people but the family does and I try to go with them. These are the soft targets that evil like to attack too so why not be prepared. Why hide and left fear win?

Besides it's also going to get a small get home or get out of trouble kit too so...

Options in the tool box, because openly carrying the damn thing would be less than ideal.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Make sure you put some metal plates in the back pack, just in case you run into someone firing .300wm at you, and you need to use it as a shield before you can escape.

Ah the Ode to Gun Kid / Gecko 45 :roflfunny: I bleev the original was to take multiple rounds of .308 in the back - .300 Win Mag probably slice thru level 4 plates.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Ah the Ode to Gun Kid / Gecko 45 :roflfunny: I bleev the original was to take multiple rounds of .308 in the back - .300 Win Mag probably slice thru level 4 plates.

Here's the original from GlockTalk:

Gecko 45:

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and "catch the rounds" while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

It was even worse than we remember. .338 Lapua. :laughing:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If anyone doesnt get the mall trip humor yet I cant help you. Lol took long enough. That said I will take it next time I go and have the wife take pics just to say I did. Maybe even step foot in a dicks sporting goods lol. Just dont hold your breath, I goto a mall maybe once a year.

This is about discreetly carrying my new toy if ever need be. Malls at Christmas time? Probably never. Lol. But who knows.

Like I said it will get a small bleed kit and maybe a mre and some water and sit in the closet for the rare long road trip. Or the trip to the range.

I carry my full size M&P if I'm going out among the heathens. The rest of the time it's the shield plus.

Like I said, it's a tool in the tool box. I have a torque wrench I never used either but damn if I will throw it out. It just sits there too.

Right now I like it here by the bed.

16649887553276182748482713649567.jpg

Right next to my oh shit drawer.

16649888214498438724932687896749.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Welps, its a batshit crazy world. I'm sure Eli Dicken would've rather had an MP5 than a Glock 19 when he got into the shit. Its unfortunately a real-enough scenario, going to the mall with a compact PCC and armor tucked into your pack isn't an outlandish idea.

I like Mowingmaniac's solution more though - just Amazon that shit. We got a mall mayve 2-3X a year.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Or, and I'm just spitballing here, find the real fat mall security guard and use Geckos tactics and let his body cove your retreat.

You're gonna put your faith in blubber to stop multiple rounds of .338 or .308? What if they're using AP? Or what if they get their hands on depeleted uranium boolets and have a homemade 20mm sniper rifle?

Top Bottom