• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Not surprised by much of anything anymore. Just keep your head down and do whatever you want to do.

This is fantastic advice. I need to do this more often. Usually it's the husband poking me, "shussssshhhh." (In general, not about this specific issue).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Trying so hard not to take that the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    After I typed that I thought SOMEONE might go there. I'm too used to hearing those kind of come-backs that I should be used to it. Innuendo-Kings!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The Government hasn't changed their stance on marijuana use. Even though some states have legalized it to some extent, the federal government hasn't. So no, this isn't a surprise.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Can't they just do a buy back program for the smokers, just offer them cheeseburgers Cheetos and snickers bars because they satisfy.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Is anyone surprised by this?

No. It's a correct reading of the law. There is no other proper ruling. Until federal laws change you are breaking a law that excludes you from gun ownership. Why anyone would waste money filing a lawsuit in a black and white area is odd.

300blk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    picking and choosing laws. 9th circuit rules that marijuana users cant buy guns, yet marijuana is federally illegal and 9th circuit rules that it is ok.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Correct from a state view. Incorrect from a federal view.

Let's see what the Federal Law says and see if the ruling is supported by an actual reading of the law:

922d:

(d)It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

(3)is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

The dis-qualifier is "unlawful user of or addicted". Nowhere does it say if you have a state issued card for MJ you are are DQ. Possession of the card itself is irrelevant under Federal Law. All that matters under Federal Law is if you are an"unlawful user of or addicted". As long as you are not an "unlawful user of or addicted", you can possess firearms. Thus it is an incorrect reading of the law, and another example of legislating from then bench.

Top Bottom