• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    it really appears that Silenser Shop is really desperate to get rid of more inventory. Some decent deals.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• B28E73D2-10DB-483E-AE4A-3B78EDF1347A.png
      B28E73D2-10DB-483E-AE4A-3B78EDF1347A.png
      266.7 KB · Views: 287

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I was looking at the genesis, it is the direct thread version of the 300 sps.
    My only problem is that it is made by Surefire. I have mixed feelings about them. I feel that they got it right as far as I can tell with the 300 sps, for 300 blk.

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin
    Silencer Shops prices were cheaper when they were selling direct. Back then, their street prices were like 30%-40% off MSRP. A lot of retailers were mad at Silencer Shop because they undercut everyone.

Unless it’s like a HK, Knights, or B&T silencer, no one really sells for MSRP (JJ’s stuff doesn’t count).

Now that Silencer Shop is a distributor, they have to sell for closer to the MSRP, usually like 10-20% off MSRP. Some of their ‘specials’ aren’t all that special. Like the free stamp, where if you pay attention to pricing, the stamp isn’t really free.

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    Silencer Shops prices were cheaper when they were selling direct. Back then, their street prices were like 30%-40% off MSRP. A lot of retailers were mad at Silencer Shop because they undercut everyone.

Unless it’s like a HK, Knights, or B&T silencer, no one really sells for MSRP (JJ’s stuff doesn’t count).

Now that Silencer Shop is a distributor, they have to sell for closer to the MSRP, usually like 10-20% off MSRP. Some of their ‘specials’ aren’t all that special. Like the free stamp, where if you pay attention to pricing, the stamp isn’t really free.

Wish I was in the NFA world then. My wallet would be a bit heavier.

Where do you go to get your cans and NFA gear?

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin
    Wish I was in the NFA world then. My wallet would be a bit heavier.

Where do you go to get your cans and NFA gear?

The only real deals to be had nowadays are when a dealer has the actual silencer in his inventory and needs to move it. I usually find these guys in my Facebook groups. They’ll sometimes sell to you at a loss. You just have to make sure they’re in your state and are trustworthy.

Usually those are older silencers that have sat there for a while. Nothing wrong with ‘older’ silencers though. A lot of the ‘newer’ silencers are just marketing gimmicks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I got my AAC Evo that way when the TiRants came out. Ended up with a suppressed pistol for $500 (for gun and suppressor) + cost of a stamp.

Got it cheap and it shoots plenty quiet.

JWBost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Austin
    Ever since Silencer Shop became a distributor, things got worse for the customer. They added a middle man to the transaction and bumped up prices to pay for the middleman, for really no benefit to the customer.

I was looking though the Silencer Shop website tonight. They’ve really drastically reduced the discount from MSRP. The average discount I see is only like $100-$150 from MSRP, some even less.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I was looking though the Silencer Shop website tonight. They’ve really drastically reduced the discount from MSRP. The average discount I see is only like $100-$150 from MSRP, some even less.

The prices you see are not Silencer Shops, but the prices the dealer sets. If you do not like the price, select a different dealer on the SS website.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I use Capital Armory, still great and has great deals. Every time i have been in there they have been awesome. Every time i have a question i email them and they respond quickly and with great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    Houston
    I use Capital Armory, still great and has great deals. Every time i have been in there they have been awesome. Every time i have a question i email them and they respond quickly and with great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t live close enough to see the store front. When I email they respond quickly. Messages via Facebook are responded to as well.
    I like them a lot. My next purchase my very well be through them.

Top Bottom