• ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I carry AIWB and have been for a while.

I use a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 and a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. I mix it up between the two depending on what I'm doing that day.

I've tried the Raven Concealment ACR and did not like it that much; YMMV. Between the VG2 and the JM AIWB holster, I'm good to go. They're the two best holsters I've run across, but of course, that's just my opinion.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I carry AIWB and have been for a while.

I use a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 and a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. I mix it up between the two depending on what I'm doing that day.

I've tried the Raven Concealment ACR and did not like it that much; YMMV. Between the VG2 and the JM AIWB holster, I'm good to go. They're the two best holsters I've run across, but of course, that's just my opinion.

How are you liking that JM holster? What differences did you notice with it versus some of the others you've had?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    How are you liking that JM holster? What differences did you notice with it versus some of the others you've had?

It certainly tucks in better than the ACR. However, my only gripe is that I can't adjust ride height. I typically like for my gun to ride a bit lower than what it's permanently set at now, but I suspect that as I continue to lose weight that it'll get better.

That wedge design or whatever it's called certainly works the best IMO. When I get the time, I'll write up a post with pics on it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I tried carrying appendix today with various degrees of success. I think before i buy any new holsters or guns i need to lose some weight and exercise. Im about at my wits end being in pain while and after carrying.

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    I appendix carry a Kahr PM9 regularly. High Noon Mr. Softy holster or Remora holster. Never a problem sitting down, driving long hours or even working in my yard.

I have a G Code INCOG holster on order for my Glock 19. Looking forward to trying it. I've also used a Dale Fricke Archangel and On Your 6 Designs AIWB for G19. Both very good also.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    20130607_121837z.jpg I love my 3 Speed Holster I have had it for about ten months now. Though designed for Deep Conceal, I wear it between 1:30 & 2:00. I was also looking at Crossbreed Modular Belly Band really like that concept, but they don't make one for my Ruger SR40C . PS:The 3 Speed is great in the car (I drive SUV Crossover) I just lift the shirt out of the seat restraint, I can easily access my firearm seated in vehicle. one note about being a Chunky person wearing appendix. When at a restaurant opt for a table rather then a booth. I do bang my Firearm against tables a lot.....and on rare occasion have knocked the manual safety into hot position ( Not worried, Still have trigger guarded and the SR's have a Glock like Trigger safety)

Last edited:

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I just cannot adapt to appendix carry. Old School 3 to 4 o'clock for me 90% of the time. I am going to try a kangaroo carry for grins.
    I want to get a full sized .40S&W and the Kangaroo looks like a really good alternative to the traditional belt and holster at 4 O'clock. I emailed them about how easily it would be to position into a 10-11 O'Clock crossdraw. they replied there is a lot of play in how their straps can be placed. I might just one for my compact and try it out .

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    I've used the appendix carry off and on for almost 30 years and it works fine. The only time it got uncomfortable was carrying a Beretta 92 while on surveillance, sitting in a car. Most of the time I've carried a 2" .38 appendix position, IWB, and it wasn't noticeable.
    Bob

DSC_2323_zps96d53320.gif

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I don't always appendix carry, but when I do, I use a MIC holster. Not really a holster, it's more of a trigger guard on a length of para cord. It is the nearest you can get to the Mexican carry without the exposed trigger. I'm not the slimmest guy around, so AIWB can get a bit uncomfortable when sitting, even with an XDm 3.8 compact.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I appendix carried my Shield today around downtown San Antonio. Its reasonably comfortable. Im working on losing some weight which should help. I would like to find a holster that sits it up just one inch higher so it doesnt dig into my leg.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    A lot of this depends on the person, the holster, the pistol and what your activities are while carrying. Carrying a shorter barrel pistol lile a Shield at apendix is a lot more comfortable than carrying a G19 or G17. Especially if you're going to do a lot of sitting; sometimes it's a big difference between sitting in a car vs. sitting on the sofa. With that said, appendix is my favorite way to carry now.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    I normally carry my Kahr PM9 appendix, with an IWB. It give me the most options to find a comfortable spot when sitting.

Top Bottom