• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I have had cell fones going back to the late 80's and have been landline free for about 25 years.

I ordered the Apple XS Max and got it a few days ago. In short, its my fav of ALL the cell fones I have owned over the years and since they were my prime means of commo I typically got a new one every year or where ever tech made a step forward.

The Max has become immediately my fav of all time. Its big, feels good in the hand, I really like it.

It's not for everyone of course due to size, but my old eyes call for a bit larger screen and it works great for me.

Yes it's pricey and yes you can buy cheaper fones. For me its just a question of needing and relying upon 1 single fone as a means of commo with the world I live in. My fone is key to my company making money and I do a lot of business on it.

If you like a larger fone with more screen real estate then the Max is a good pick for you, if you do not need or want then go in another direction.
    Hurley's Gold

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Slow down man. Lol I’m still new to the iPhone 8. I bet it’s got good picture quality. Bet you can see every detail of this pic.
    0C142618-5545-4AA1-8DE2-AC0E5C217A0B.jpeg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Does it have caller ID that googles unknown numbers automatically and displays the caller info if available, and offers spam call protection?

GfzIlnT.png

Or selective editing of one's call history? ;)

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Slow down man. Lol I’m still new to the iPhone 8. I bet it’s got good picture quality. Bet you can see every detail of this pic.
    View attachment 149520
    That is more detail than I need....

Does it have caller ID that googles unknown numbers automatically and displays the caller info if available, and offers spam call protection?

View attachment 149521

Or selective editing of one's call history? ;)

I don't know of any cell fone that does that organically, there are apps that support that that are common on many platforms.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Latest Android DOES that organically, which is what I showed the screenshot of.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I’d guess there’s an app for that. Did you assign FarmersOnly as The Farmers Bank? Sneaky; I like that. ;)

Shush, you ;)
    No, but seriously. I didn't have that number in my contacts and the phone looked it up by itself and that's what it showed.

Already capable. For a long time.

Good, good. For the longest time, you could only delete all or nothing.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    All Google branded ones, and all with the latest version of Android, i.e. Oreo, aka Android 8.

I've got a Pixel XL and am running android pie (9.0) now. Spam filters aren't as good as they were on 8, and I still get several calls with no caller ID info, both on 8 and 9.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Did, you get the Max or just the XS? I love that Max!!
    Just the XS. I couldn't justify the extra hundred when I already justified the 100 for the XS when I was going to get a leftover X for 900. Plus I got my wife one too and we pay up front. 2000 bucks was already painful but we won't need new phones for some time now.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Just the XS. I couldn't justify the extra hundred when I already justified the 100 for the XS when I was going to get a leftover X for 900. Plus I got my wife one too and we pay up front. 2000 bucks was already painful but we won't need new phones for some time now.
    YEP, paying up front is the way to go unless they have a special no interest deal. Wife and I bought the XPlus, but not sure she is going to make the jump to the XS or the Max like I did.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    A few months back I picked up two iPhone X's on a buy-one-get-one deal. Made the cost MUCH more palatable.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I have an 8 and when someone texts, I have to find my glasses. My daughter is the guru on all things Apple. When someone said they were getting the latest Apple phone, I was about to say, "Aren't you supposed to be in school?" :)

Top Bottom