• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Guy I worked with, he and his wife (they had six kids) used to love the place. But I always figured it was because he grew tired of PB&J sandwiches. <grin>

Sent from my Apple thang.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Regarding the food quality, things must have changed from the good ole days! I ran a Friday night tennis mixer for 17 years, up until about 2007. For at least 10 of those years, our crew would visit the local Applebee's and take over their patio, eating, drinking and hanging out from about 9:15 til ???. Yeah, it's not gourmet food; but was pretty good 'bar' food and the drinks and beers were as you would find in any similar establishment. Of the 56 people who played each week in the round robin, a good 30-35 would go out to eat each week. We had plenty of options; but except for the occasional foray into a pizza or Mexican place, Applebee's was the crowd favorite. Things changed considerably when the restaurant closed in their patio to increase indoor seating, meaning our party of well-exercised tennis players couldn't enjoy our 'own' dining area, having to mingle with folks who were dressed for a Friday night out. We sought out other venues; but Applebee's really filled the bill for quite a few years! From what I read here, perhaps their food quality has gone down...shame about that AND the 30.06 posting!

Seems Applebee's and IHOP are under the same corporate umbrella, with all Applebee's locations as franchises. I wonder if any franchisee will 'buck the system' and forget to post the signs. ;)
    Yea this was the applebees in beaumont and somewhere around 09-10. Ive had better food at a bowling alley. Better burgers at checkers and better drinks from a pouch! May have just been a bad night or a bad location, but there are plenty of great places all within a mile of the applebees here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, Applebee's used to be on point. Then some years back, they went and did a face and menu change - fucked everything up.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom