• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Got a notice from DPS that my finger prints were indiscernible. Well, yes, the ones on my left hand are due to paralysis and it was noted by my instructor. The problem is, even if I redid fingerprints, they still aren't going to be readable.

Sooooo, I'm going to call DPS/CHL and see how this can be fixed.

Anyone dealt with anything similar?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Got a notice from DPS that my finger prints were indiscernible. Well, yes, the ones on my left hand are due to paralysis and it was noted by my instructor. The problem is, even if I redid fingerprints, they still aren't going to be readable.

Where are you located?

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    they should be able to alleviate the problem even with the paralysis if they have someone there who knows how to do fingerprints right. My co-worker dealt with the same thing at a USCG exam center a few years back. But if they know how to do it, they will position your fingers and push them down in a readable manner. Heck, ask a police officer...they know how to do, even when you don't want 'em too...lol

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Up in Lewisville right now.

KoW, it was great to meet you today too :) BTW, you look much taller in person....ie, from the pic of you sitting on your bike when you were selling it.

I told my wife that she missed a good range session and meeting some friendly people. I think she'll make a point to go next time, especially since she won't be the only gal.

We are sad that the bike is gone. A guy drove up from Houston to get it. Once our little one is older, we'll get another one. We just felt compelled to not take the risk while she is so young. Plus, the police frown upon you sticking a baby in the saddlebags......they said she wasn't properly restrained....whatever.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Sounds like a tappable market for new bag designs

Definitely look forward to meeting your wife. It was great to meet Mrs navyguy today. I tell ya, you guys are all lucky dogs! :p

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas

When I had mine done to renew last fall the County SO scanned mine, no messy ink and fast and clean. Try someplace that scans.:patriot:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think overall I'd like to not have to send, resend, triple send......and waste everybody's time. Can there simply be acknowledgment/verification that my prints will be messed up an move on? :banghead:

...I don't know why CHLs are so backed up

Let me open the can of worms that can only bust my chops....
    What I do find odd is that this is not my first carry permit that required prints. Shouldn't I already be in the system? And the reciprocity of the state is entirely dependeant on the background check, that comes directly from the AGs site. Obviously, good prints can be taken. Or, my current permit was processed anyway??

Well, if thisturns into a never ending saga I can very easily clip off my finger tips with tinsnips and mail them to Austin. There! Print them!

Ah well, maybe it's my good hand who's prints are goofed. I still need to see the reply from dps and go from there.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Up in Lewisville right now.

KoW, it was great to meet you today too :) BTW, you look much taller in person....ie, from the pic of you sitting on your bike when you were selling it.

On any Saturday morning run down to DFW Gun Range at 1607 W Mockingbird in Dallas. Their fingerprinter works full time at the Dallas County Sheriffs Office and she takes prints at prisoner intake. If your prints can be gotten, she can get em. ;)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    On any Saturday morning run down to DFW Gun Range at 1607 W Mockingbird in Dallas. Their fingerprinter works full time at the Dallas County Sheriffs Office and she takes prints at prisoner intake. If your prints can be gotten, she can get em. ;)

Thanks for the direction

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas

Just make sure your not in the prisoner line......

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Well I went in to Lewisville PD Saturday morning to get this done. The folks there were nice and they did the prints on the machine. That was pretty neat to see them right there on screen. My only complaint is having to pay a $10 fee. Add that to rest of my 2A exercise costs I did ask if the officer would write a note to the effect of 'best prints available' in light of the situation. But she didn't want to do that, so I didn't press the issue. I do appreciate them (the officer and a civilian trainee) taking the time to get as best prints as possible. Wasn't easy but they tried

I called my CHL instructor to let him know and he'll be making a call or two. I'm also going to include a note with my prints to complete the circle of contact.

Hopefully this should take care of this and get my packet rolling again.

Oh, offhand, I can't help but feel like a reject. So glad I wrote my name and address on the envelope :rolleyes:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTEuanBn.gif

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    my mother in law had her finger prints taken on one of those machines.
    i assumed the finger prints the machine took will be "keepers" because you can see
    the prints on the machne's display

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    my mother in law had her finger prints taken on one of those machines.
    i assumed the finger prints the machine took will be "keepers" because you can see
    the prints on the machne's display

Yeah, well, most of them anyway. There was one (maybe two) that just would not get the approval of the machine no matter what they tried, but they were oh so close. Wiping the surface, wiping my fingers, rolling my fingers... I was Gumbi with my left arm/hand trying to get them fingers to relax so they officer could handle them. Poor lady was so worried she was hurting me. I told her to do what she needed to do, that my fingers were paralyzed and I couldn't feel anything even if she did hurt 'em LOL

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well I went in to Lewisville PD Saturday morning to get this done. The folks there were nice and they did the prints on the machine. That was pretty neat to see them right there on screen. My only complaint is having to pay a $10 fee. Add that to rest of my 2A exercise costs I did ask if the officer would write a note to the effect of 'best prints available' in light of the situation. But she didn't want to do that, so I didn't press the issue. I do appreciate them (the officer and a civilian trainee) taking the time to get as best prints as possible. Wasn't easy but they tried

I called my CHL instructor to let him know and he'll be making a call or two. I'm also going to include a note with my prints to complete the circle of contact.

Hopefully this should take care of this and get my packet rolling again.

Oh, offhand, I can't help but feel like a reject. So glad I wrote my name and address on the envelope :rolleyes:

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTEuanBn.gif

I hope it is a short turn-around for you. On a side note, there is nothing for your instructor to do, and no point in him making a call.

Let us know when the license arrives.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    The guys at DPS will almost ALWAYS reject the first set, even if you explain. I have folks with paralyzed, distorted, bent or deformed fingers and the prints are next to impossible. They'll always reject the first set. Sometimes, I'll send them to FAST for electronic prints, or to Pct 1 for the messy ink on the glass plate prints. But if I know the prints won't get any better because of the condition of the hand, I reprint them and send a letter explaining AGAIN, and they usually accept the second time. If it gets to a third time, they accept them 99 percent of the time.

It seems they have certain hoops through which one must jump.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The guys at DPS will almost ALWAYS reject the first set, even if you explain. I have folks with paralyzed, distorted, bent or deformed fingers and the prints are next to impossible. They'll always reject the first set. Sometimes, I'll send them to FAST for electronic prints, or to Pct 1 for the messy ink on the glass plate prints. But if I know the prints won't get any better because of the condition of the hand, I reprint them and send a letter explaining AGAIN, and they usually accept the second time. If it gets to a third time, they accept them 99 percent of the time.

It seems they have certain hoops through which one must jump.

That's what my instructor said. We joked it was probably a set percentage to give them some breathing room.

As I stated in another post, the process does irk me a bit. I'm just trying to get my official Texas "ohmni ohmni" to get on with it

Top Bottom