Military Camp

Appropriate Licenses?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

  • Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter74

    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    I have a question for those who might know. I was just reading the Saturday paper. There is a news brief about an ex-con sentenced for smuggling rifles. The paper states he smuggled the rifles into Mexico without receiving the appropriate licenses. So my question is, what would be the appropriate license?
    A Smugglers license? Just kidding.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    From the BATF.............

    Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Importing & Exporting | ATF

    Q: Does a licensee need an export license to export a firearm?

    The GCA does not require export licenses. However, most firearms and ammunition must be exported in accordance with the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act of 1976. Regulations implementing this Act generally require a license to be obtained from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, Department of State, PM/DDTC, SA-1, Room 1200, 2401 E St., N.W., Washington, DC 20037; (202) 663-1282.
    The export of sporting shotguns and ammunition for sporting shotguns is regulated by the U.S. Department of Commerce rather than the State Department. An export license is generally needed to export these shotguns and ammunition. For further information, contact them at their nearest district office or the Bureau of Industry and Security, Outreach and Educational Services Division, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St. & Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20230, (202) 482-4811.
    When exporting NFA firearms, ATF Form 9 must be completed and approved by ATF prior to export.
    [22 U.S.C. 2778, 27 CFR 479.114 and 479.116]
    Top Bottom