• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've shot the .45, and thought it was pretty darn good. I shot better with it than Blazer.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Aguila's .22 line is awesome. They use Eley priming and have pretty good accuracy. You can also get their 30 grain super velocity .22s which are pretty damn fast, or their 60 grain version that is very quiet.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I bought some Agulia .38 special semi jacketed hollow point ammo from Ammunition To Go
    worked like a champ
    but no experience with their .22 ammo

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Aguila 22lr

I ran some aguila sniper sub-sonic ammo through my 10/22 many years ago. It short stroked the bolt a few times but overall shot well. Recently I purchased a ton of the Eley sport(purple box) ammo. I was delighted to find that it produced minimal leading in my 10/22 and outgrouped Win Superspeed HV(copperplated 36gr hp) and federal bulk ammo(also cp hp). I think that it is made with the Eley primed brass at the Aguila factory in Mexico. It shoots damn well in my autos w/ near 99% reliability.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Cool. I ordered up a box of 4 different types. The 60 gr (can't wait to bust a squirrel in the head with that bad boy) a box of the 1750 fps 30 gr hyper stuff and some CB caps.

smax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Aguila makes good ammo.

There are quite a few manufacturers that make a 60gr .22 round. Target shooters sometimes like them as they're subsonic and full power (as opposed to colibris or something).

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    I had a bunch of it, but my brother has shot most of it up. It is hotter than bulk 22lr and works better in the pistols. Bulk works good in rifles though.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Aguila's .22 line is awesome. They use Eley priming and have pretty good accuracy. You can also get their 30 grain super velocity .22s which are pretty damn fast, or their 60 grain version that is very quiet.

I love the Supermaximum load. I bought a brick of it, and it's about time for another one. It groups best of any ammo I've tried out of my Marlin. I was hitting golf balls with 1/3 of the shots I took at 100 yards with it. Love that ammo.

I had a bunch of it, but my brother has shot most of it up. It is hotter than bulk 22lr and works better in the pistols. Bulk works good in rifles though.

It's not all hotter. It depends on the load you get. There are the Super Colibris which have no powder (primer fires it) and you move up in power/velocity levels all the way to the Supermaximum, which is loaded hot enough that the case length is actually slightly longer than standard .22 LR.

I actually did get decent groups at 50 yards with the SSS ammo, but it was leaving keyholes in the target. At least it cycled my Marlin and it was the quietest thing I've ever shot. If I get a 10/22, I'm sooo getting a barrel with the right twist rate to shoot that stuff, putting a light recoil spring in it and walking around saying "suppressor? Why bother?" :p

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I have used the Super Colibri, turned the pistol into a single shot. It worked quite well :) no pun intented on the QUITE part either.
    I was running it thru a Sig Mosquito, only having to manually cycle the slide after each shot.
    I tried the rounds in my SOG AR-15 w/ a CMMG .22LR drop in bolt, the rounds would not eject. I had to dig them out with a scribe after each shot.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have seen some split cases when shooting it in a 10/22 and an older model Ruger MKI pistol.

Hmm, I can't remember seeing any. Split cases in .22 wouldn't worry me too too much, though. .22 is too low pressure to hurt anything for the most part. I can't imagine and haven't heard of a .22 LR kaboom.

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    I bought a brick of Aguila ultra high velocity 22lr about five years ago. Shot some right after I bought it and it worked fine. I was out with a friend a couple of months ago and about every third round would not fire. Good firing pin hit from my 10/22, but round would not fire. Reloaded a bunch back into the rifle - still would not fire. Other, older ammo (CCI, Winchester) fired just fine, so it's not the rifle. I guess the primer just got old????? Anyway, I have not purchased any more Aguila rounds.

Top Bottom