• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • l PATRICK l

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    austin
    Hey Guys after some hard thinking and much trouble, :banghead:I'm still trying to find a fast targeting scope that can be fast and accurate for an AR-15. If you can please suggest websites that offer such scopes, thanks again.
    Texas SOT

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Patrick,

Your question doesn't provide enough infomration about the intended use and the budget.

What are you going to use the optic for?

How much do you have to spend?

Short Range . . . CQB? AIMPOINT is the only way to go.

Short to Medium: a true 1X to 4X optic such as the US Optics SN-4, Burris, IOR.

Medium Range: ACOG

Long Range: US Optics, Premier Reticle variable with mil-dot reticle and max power around 18 to 24.

Night Time:
    Magnified: D-720 or raptor.
    Un Magnified: PVS-14 behind an AIMPOINT.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Patrick,

Did you read my questions?

I understand that you have an unlimited budget, but what is it that you want to do with the optic?

I think this is what you should get. It would be perfect:

rs_diavari_6-24x72_sm.jpg

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Its one of these:

Victory Diavari 6-24x72 T*

Designed for the elite tactical marksman, varmint or predator hunters, and longrange hunters and shooters. Unprecedented 72mm objective, parallax compensation with lockable windage and elevation turrets, and FL Concept for brilliant images. 34mm rings included.

Order Number / Description
    MSRP**​
    52 17 75 9940 (2nd Image Plane)
    Black, 34mm, Illum. Reticle 40, Target Turret
    $4,444​

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    Burris XTR is what I use to 400 yds. I am sure it will work beyond that. I switched to it earlier this year, used to use a red dot. It took some practice to get used to. I will be taking out in a couple of weeks to see what I can do at 600 yds. It is the best compromise. I got mine from riflescopes.com. They have everything in scopes avail.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Here's a couple sites for you to look at.

SNIPER WORLD: Tactical Scopes
    is a web site with a lot of different scopes to look at. Never bought anything from them, but you can get an idea of what's out there.

Instead of ending up with a box of $1,000 scopes like a box of holsters, check out this article. John Maxwell says begin with the end in mind. In the scope world you could spend tens of thousands of dollars before you find what you are looking for.

Choosing A Tactical Scope

Talk to lots of people and try anything you can shoot before you buy. You'll be much happier in the end.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The point of my post was that Patrick needs to think about and discuss waht he plans to do with the optic.

The needs of a door kicker are far different than the needs of someone shooting coyotes at 800 yards in the eaarly morning and late evening and the optics don't overlap.

For some uses, several optics overlap.

i.e. AIMOINT or EOTECh with magnifier v. a true 1X to 4X multipurpose scope w/ red dot reticle.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I put a burris XTR on a customer's rifle and it is a nice scope.

I like my US Optics SN-4 a lot.

My house gun has an AIMPOINT.

All have BUIS.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay! I don't know a lot about the AR 15. But I do know something about scopes. If I had to pick just one optic and mount it on an AR or M4 I would try for something that could do out to 200 and in to toe nail and teeth distance. But iron sights can do that, if I were going to stay with iron sights I'd go with an illuminated tritium front sight post for sure and probably in the rear to. In an optic I would go for an ACOG. But that is because I don't like the red dots. anyway just my 2 pennies.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Acogs are great optics, however, I would stick with an Compm4 AIMPOINT. The adjustable brightness for the reticle and target acquisition are superb. Where ever that reticle is thats where the lead is goin as well. I qualified using this aimpoint for 50 to 300 yards. I kept the brightness level down so as not to drown out targets at farther distances during a bright sunny day. In CQB I had the reticle at a higher setting and it proved its worth yet again. Good luck.

Top Bottom