• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have a bushmaster XM15 and I am wanting to swap out my charging handle with something with a larger catch. I am considering the BCM Gunfighter charging handle. Anyone have a suggestion on a good option?
    Target Sports

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Just swapped out my generic CH w/ Badger Tac-Latch for a BCM Medium Latch CH. Absolutely remarkable difference in fit and strength. Plus, I don't worry about the roll pin that kept edging out through one end or the other for the Badger Tactical latch. The Badger latch doesn't gain my confidence in holding up to rough use like the BCM.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Clearing Malfunctions | Vuurwapen Blog

Some malfunctions require a forceful pull on the charging handle. In the comments section, the camera guy mentioned three students breaking or bending their extended tac latches or charging handles.

For the $40 bucks, the BCM CH is more than worth its price.

superchi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Just swapped out my generic CH w/ Badger Tac-Latch for a BCM Medium Latch CH. Absolutely remarkable difference in fit and strength. Plus, I don't worry about the roll pin that kept edging out through one end or the other for the Badger Tactical latch. The Badger latch doesn't gain my confidence in holding up to rough use like the BCM.

I agree with this post. Comparing my standard CH with PRI Big Weenie latch to the BCM, it looks and definitely feels like the BCM part is much more durable. Worth every penny as an upgrade, in my book.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I don't own a standard charging handle... so I can only say how much I like the BCM by VLTOR... They now come in three sizes... I have medium and large...

Top Bottom