• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Clearing out all my stuff I do not need. I am willing to ship everything except the Lower. I sometimes frequent San Antonio, so if you are wanting to buy quite a few things from me, I might be willing to travel. Thanks

- LaRue Stripped Lower - SOLD
    Includes installed bolt catch
    Only bad is a little rubbing from the charging handle

- YHM stripped upper - Sold
    Includes forward assist

- BCM stripped upper - $95
    Duracoted Magpul FDE

- BCM M16 Carrier - Sold
    Lightly used
    Includes all pins

- Rock River A2 stock kit - SPF
    New unused

- Rock River Partial LPK - SOLD
    Only parts that I do not have for the LPK are the trigger assembly and bolt catch assembly
    Not used but were installed on a lower

- LaRue LT-104 Mount - $170
    Lightly Used
    1" rings

- LaRue A-Peg grip - Sold
    FDE rough texture
    Unused

- MI Gen2 SS Handguard - $150
    12" FDE
    Unused

- Rock River Charging Handle - $15
    used

- Remington 700 AAC-sd Hogue Stock - $60
    - Remington 700 BDL bottom metal/box mag - $75
    Both new unused

y8vs.jpg

125p82s.jpg

o8ewow.jpg

2r3fdjq.jpg

34hv4hd.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Just a word of advice, if you list that lower separately in the firearms section instead of the parts section, I imagine that it will sell within 24 hours.

Seriously.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Here's a picture of my hand in a natural draw stroke position:

0847.png

As you can see from this picture, the level 2 SERPA button is located in a very natural position using a normal draw stroke. I was a bit skeptical at first and thought it could potentially slow down the draw stroke drastically, however this is not the case. I remember reading a review in a gun magazine where the author did some live fire tests at the range with a BHI level 2 SERPA holster. I don't remember specifics however he found that at full speed the SERPA only added another couple tenths of a second to the draw stroke, so it's certainly not a serious detriment IMO considering the level of retention it gives you. Forgive me for not having references or specifics to backup that claim however after practicing my draw a few times, it's pretty easy to see that it's simply not an issue. The other nice feature about this SERPA button is the fact that it is very lightly sprung. I searched around however I could not find an exact spring rate for this button. Judging by the known weights of single action trigger pulls on some of my various handguns, I'm estimating the weight to be somewhere between 1-3 pounds. I doubt it could be any more than that. Anyways, the point is it is very light and, after a bit of practice, the minimal amount of weight required really doesn't require too much of a conscious effort to deactivate. After a bit of practice it really won't interrupt a natural, instinctive draw stroke, so you really don't have to think about it which is ultimately preferred.

Here's a rear view of the holster minus the mounting platform:

0841.png

Visible in this picture are the three threaded mounting holes for mounting various platforms. Also visible is the threaded rear portion of the rear of the adjustable Level 1 retention screw. It is worth noting that all of the threaded pieces and screws on these holsters are made of a tough coated steel and are extremely durable. They feel very positive when tightening and do not exhibit any signs of the potential to easily strip the threads, which is a nice relief. Also, the phillips heads of these screws are relatively substantial and deep so you can get a good grab with the proper sized screwdriver without fear of easily stripping them. It's the little things that really add up and make these into really nice holsters.

Okay, now that I've posted a ton of pics, lets get to a bit more of a discussion on the holster mounting options. If you look at some of the pictures above of the various mounting platforms, you can see that the holster is mounted with 3 bolts and the mounting platforms provide 3 different sets of holes to adjust the angle the holster sits. All together there are 5 different angles you can mount the holster at; 45 degrees and 60 degrees both forwards and backwards as well as straight up at 90 degrees. Those degree measurements were a rough estimate taken from an online picture of a protractor (I didn't have one handy) so they might be off just a few degrees. Anyways, these measurements apply to both the Sportster platform and standard belt loop platform. It should be noted that the STRIKE CQC Speed Clip gives you the ability to mount at any 45 degree and 90 degree angle as well so you can mount it on something like a plate carrier or other MOLLE/PALS vest perpendicular to your chest or at a 45 degree angle as pictured farther down the thread.

One other thing to note, which is fairly obvious, is that each of these CQC holsters is molded for a specific gun or similar model range of gun (G19/23/32 fit in one holster for example), though there isn't much of a possibility for cross compatibility with various other brands of guns generally. I managed to fit a full sized Walther P99 in the Glock 19 holster, though it was very snug. There might be a handful of others out there that you can jam into different holsters, but for the most part it's usually one model per holster. This can be a bad thing for those that want to keep the gear costs down and have a variety of sidearms. On the up side though, due to the wide modularity of the BHI CQC lineup, you can buy the cheaper Sportster holsters at $24-30 a pop and you only really need one mounting platform so you can alternate between sidearms whenever you feel like it. It's certainly less economical (if you have multiple sidearms) and less easy compared to a typical universal or adjustable cordura-based holster, however in my opinion I feel the strength of retention but quick draw stroke from the open top design is well worth it if you can afford it. On the other hand, if you only have one sidearm the standard CQC belt/Sportster holsters are cheaper than a good quality thigh rig, though the BHI CQC thigh rigs are a bit expensive around $100-120 a piece.

I personally like the fact that, on the level 2 SERPA's, you don't have to worry about fumbling around with a thumb strap yet it has rock solid retention and a high range of modularity as well as a large number of different carry options. I used to love thigh holsters due to the whole tacti-cool factor (go ahead and laugh), though lately I've decided to move away from those since I got an Eagle CIRAS replica plate carrier (yes cheapo Chinese stuff, I'm cheap and don't want to spend $700 for the real deal) and now have the ability to mount one on my CIRAS using the CQC Speed Clip. That is one big benefit to the CQC holsters as you can alternate between a shoulder setup, thigh setup, belt setup, and MOLLE setup for not too much more than one excellent quality thigh holster. Anyways, I've decided to ditch my thigh rig in favor of a SERPA mounted on the right cumberbund of my CIRAS with a CQC Speed Clip for mobility reasons. I've found that most thigh holsters, for my tastes, restrict my mobility a bit and the thigh straps seem to constantly loosen up or shift. A stationary, vest mounted holster seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, and the great thing is if I don't like the angle or position, I can always shift my MOLLE pouches around until I find the perfect spot for the holster. Modularity is the key word with BHI's CQC lineup, and it's the reason I've decided to go with them.

In case anyone is wondering, yes I do play airsoft and yes I am an adult (laugh it up), which is part of the reason I bought some of this "tacti-cool" gear. However I'm also looking to get into 3 gun shoots and various other tactical-oriented shooting competitions, so thankfully these items will end up seeing use with my real firearms. Well, that's my excuse anyways. ;)

X2, not a bad price imo

sent from my dishwasher

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom