Join TexasGunTalk

AR-15 Pistol Parts

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by MetalCutter, May 22, 2019.

1. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    All striped lowers will be transferred as a firearm, not a rifle or pistol, similar to say, a mossberg shockwave

Charlie likes this.
  2. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Striped lower.jpg
    :usflag:

3. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Do not get a lower marked pistol. There are no benefits. I don't even get why they make these things.

Another myth is that you have to use one of those weird round buffer tubes, but that is also made up.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    zackmars likes this.
  4. 45tex

45tex TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2009
    Sorry for the consternation I may have caused, with the "lower" comment.
    Heck I just learned if I weld on a long flash hider then the hider become part of the barrel for length. I could have bought a SBR upper and added the XB177 grenade launcher hider to it and had a more real looking build. Oh well, live and learn. Its why I still get up in the morning. Still can't wait to get my first AR since 1977. Come on PSA.

Sublime likes this.
  5. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Dad_Roman likes this.
  6. Geezer

Geezer Available For Parties TGT Supporter

Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    At the time, I'm less than 2 hours away from two PSA stores. They have some unadvertised in store specials that are crazy. A couple of months ago they had a bunch of odds and ends complete uppers on clearance, rifle and pistol. Some were priced as low as $89.* They always have some good ammo specials in their stores.

* I did not buy any of these uppers, because I'd have to buy another lower, and here we go again. PSA is the devil, they have made me buy parts and pieces and assemble AR's. I unsubscribed from their daily emails because they always had a killer deal on something and I'm weak.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  7. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    PSA will empty that wallet out....lol

Dad_Roman likes this.
  8. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Its like living close to Primary Arms. Especially when you need something small, but the mail is the smarter way to get it.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  9. Mr.candrews

Mr.candrews New Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Rowlett

I agree it is a novelty. I wouldn't spend much on one either. PSA is a great company to build through.

10. Hayseed

Hayseed New Member

Jul 31, 2019
    Dallas
    whats the best legal brace these days - I see adjustable ones out there - are they legal ?