• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Something I learned while reading the Q&A at PSA. When you choose a lower get one that was manufactured as a pistol. Apparently in a serial # record check there is a difference. They say you can make a pistol lower into a rifle but not a rifle lower into a pistol. Just sayin I read this, not I can or will defend this.

All striped lowers will be transferred as a firearm, not a rifle or pistol, similar to say, a mossberg shockwave
    Texas SOT

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    All striped lowers .....
    Striped lower.jpg

:usflag:

Attachments

• Striped lower.jpg
      Striped lower.jpg
      5.2 KB · Views: 413
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Something I learned while reading the Q&A at PSA. When you choose a lower get one that was manufactured as a pistol. Apparently in a serial # record check there is a difference. They say you can make a pistol lower into a rifle but not a rifle lower into a pistol. Just sayin I read this, not I can or will defend this.

Do not get a lower marked pistol. There are no benefits. I don't even get why they make these things.

Another myth is that you have to use one of those weird round buffer tubes, but that is also made up.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Sorry for the consternation I may have caused, with the "lower" comment.
    Heck I just learned if I weld on a long flash hider then the hider become part of the barrel for length. I could have bought a SBR upper and added the XB177 grenade launcher hider to it and had a more real looking build. Oh well, live and learn. Its why I still get up in the morning. Still can't wait to get my first AR since 1977. Come on PSA.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    At the time, I'm less than 2 hours away from two PSA stores. They have some unadvertised in store specials that are crazy. A couple of months ago they had a bunch of odds and ends complete uppers on clearance, rifle and pistol. Some were priced as low as $89.* They always have some good ammo specials in their stores.

* I did not buy any of these uppers, because I'd have to buy another lower, and here we go again. PSA is the devil, they have made me buy parts and pieces and assemble AR's. I unsubscribed from their daily emails because they always had a killer deal on something and I'm weak.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    At the time, I'm less than 2 hours away from two PSA stores. They have some unadvertised in store specials that are crazy. A couple of months ago they had a bunch of odds and ends complete uppers on clearance, rifle and pistol. Some were priced as low as $89.* They always have some good ammo specials in their stores.

* I did not buy any of these uppers, because I'd have to buy another lower, and here we go again. PSA is the devil, they have made me buy parts and pieces and assemble AR's. I unsubscribed from their daily emails because they always had a killer deal on something and I'm weak.
    Its like living close to Primary Arms. Especially when you need something small, but the mail is the smarter way to get it.

Mr.candrews

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Rowlett
    How much do you want to spend?

That would be my starting point. Personally they are kind of novelty and I can’t see spending much on something like that. Get what’s cheap and what works.

Uppers and lowers can be had cheap. Bear Creek, PSA, and Anderson are all good candidates for a pistol build. Honestly, you can get everything you need to build a pistol from PSA.

Decide on barrel length, hand guard length and what you are doing for receiver extension. Aside from that it gets pretty easy.

I agree it is a novelty. I wouldn't spend much on one either. PSA is a great company to build through.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom