Ar-15 Training?

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by 2Shots1Wound, May 4, 2009.

1. 2Shots1Wound

2Shots1Wound Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Out of shear curiosity, do you guys know of any places in Houston that one could run tactical style drills with an AR-15? Someplace where you can actually move with the weapon and shoot at multiple targets. Someday down the road I'd like to get one but can't seem to justify the expense if it's just something I shoot at Carters Country. For such a intersting platform that kind of practice seems limiting.

Thanks

2. jasont

jasont Active Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    http://www.theimpactzonerange.com/

The Impact Zone is the only range in the area I know of that fits those requirements. It is a private range that lets you practice or train as you want. There are 11 bays so you can get your own and set it up however you want. Movement, drawing from the holster, rapid fire, or whatever else you want to do is ok as long as you are safe and use common sense. The only thing they restrict is no .50 cal rifles.

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I got you man, give me a call, when I get back from La I will hook you up....

4. Brewgod

Brewgod New Member

May 28, 2008
  5. 2Shots1Wound

2Shots1Wound Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Thanks for the info guys,

Appreciate it...

6. Zen

Zen Member

May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    Same Thing

Don't know if anyone's still seeing this thread but I have been hunting for the exact same thing for some time. I haven't been able to do any REAL shooting for a while and am getting real tired of just shooting off a bench. I've been trying to find a range or some land to shoot at. I see a few suggestions here, the Impact Zone appears to be more of a training facility but are there no other ideas out there? I'm in Kingwood and Carter's Country and Thunder are pretty much my options. Hot Wells is out past spring but doesn't offer anything the other two don't.

Any other ideas or information would be much appreciated.

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    [tongue planted in cheek]

The first lesson in defensive shooting of any kind, might involve something along the lines of reconsidering what your user name says. :rofl: :fighting0010:

8. sig556

sig556 Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    I am looking for the same in the Austin area. Any ideas?

9. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The only thing I could figure is that it means two shots, one wound channel, i.e., the two shots created one wound (not wounded). Still, "2Shots1Hole" would sound better. ;)

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    You might talk to Matt at lone star gun range and See what he says. Other than that the only others do not even do rapid fire. The range I go to is notorious for being D-heads about rapid fire.