• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amated

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    Weston
    I've decided to build my first AR-15. I am looking for advice on trigger groups. I would like something light and snappy to enhance my pew pew experience.
    DK Firearms

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I'm happy with my Victory drop in trigger I think the guy used to work at CMC. ZERO complaints.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Stick with a non drop in trigger. Easy to fix should you blow a primer.

The standard USGI trigger ranges from ok to awful. Colt standard triggers are pretty good.

LaRue is great

Schmid 2 stage is good

Lmt AXL's are nice from what i hear

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    I'm add Rise Armament Rave triggers. I have 3... single stage 3.5lbs $130 retail.

I second the Rise 140. It's as good as CMC. I see them on sale for $99 quite often. Check AR15Discounts, AIM, or Primary Arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Drop in triggers should only be used if your lower has off axis pin holes.

Lest you have this happen
    20190622_123442.jpg

And not be able to fix it if you don't have the right tools to remove the anti walk pins.

A standard style trigger can be fixed with nothing more than a firing pin

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Drop in triggers should only be used if your lower has off axis pin holes.

Lest you have this happen View attachment 351701

And not be able to fix it if you don't have the right tools to remove the anti walk pins.

A standard style trigger can be fixed with nothing more than a firing pin

I can see that being the case on a SHTF rifle you plan on going to battle with. For a everyday knock around range gun it's not too big an issue.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I can see that being the case on a SHTF rifle you plan on going to battle with. For a everyday knock around range gun it's not too big an issue.
    I don't know, I've had it happen to me, and I've seen it on other rifles maybe a dozen times?

It kinda sucks when it ruins a range day because you forgot the tiny allen key and the range doesn't have one, or you loose one of the screws...

Between LaRue, Geissele, LMT and Schmid, there isn't much going for any of the cassette triggers

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I don't know, I've had it happen to me, and I've seen it on other rifles maybe a dozen times?

It kinda sucks when it ruins a range day because you forgot the tiny allen key and the range doesn't have one, or you loose one of the screws...

Between LaRue, Geissele, LMT and Schmid, there isn't much going for any of the cassette triggers

When I'm at the range my life isn't dependent on my trigger working to save my life. If I'm at the range it would suck & maybe ruin my day if my trigger got locked up but atleast I'm still going home at the end of the day.

Personally, I carry a set of allen wrenches with me, along with a screw driver with flip tip for flat & phillips, small Cresent wrench & a multi tool.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    When I'm at the range my life isn't dependent on my trigger working to save my life. If I'm at the range it would suck & maybe ruin my day if my trigger got locked up but atleast I'm still going home at the end of the day.

Personally, I carry a set of allen wrenches with me, along with a screw driver with flip tip for flat & phillips, small Cresent wrench & a multi tool.
    Ok, so for all that added complexity, what do you gain? A trigger that can't be serviced? 4 delicate screws that weren't there before? Requiring tools that weren't needed before? A jam that requires detail stripping when a field strip was all that used to be needed?

Stoner's trigger is a work of art with how simple it is. No need to mess it up.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Ok, so for all that added complexity, what do you gain? A trigger that can't be serviced? 4 delicate screws that weren't there before? Requiring tools that weren't needed before? A jam that requires detail stripping when a field strip was all that used to be needed?

Stoner's trigger is a work of art with how simple it is. No need to mess it up.

Ok so you like MIL spec style triggers.... I get it. But saying I can't service or field strip my AR with a drop in at the range with the tools I bring :roflfunny:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Not to mention.... who only brings one gun to the range? Seriously if most of us got pulled over & a news crew were to show up it would make national news.

" Texas Man pulled over.... Cops find 4 rifles, 3 pistols & thousands of rounds of ammunition"
    I only ever bring a long gun and 2 pistols, one of which is a .22 and seldom if ever leaves my backpack.

I'm there to improve or maintain my shooting ability. Bringing out 15 different guns and a thousand rounds for each does a shooter more harm than good. Ammo costs too much to spend it on building scars that are already too easy to learn.

Top Bottom